My responce to HR 2058

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dear Robert Martin:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about H.R. 2058, the Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

H.R. 2058, the Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015, was introduced by Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma on April 28, 2015. This bill would amend the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act to give the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the authority to allow new tobacco products to stay on the market without submitting applications to the FDA for approval. Currently, only tobacco products that were on the market before February 15, 2007 are “grandfathered” in this fashion.

H.R. 2058 is under consideration by the House of Representatives and no similar legislation has been introduced in the Senate. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come before the Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

VU Sponsors