Become a Patron!

My wife's new 12lb bowling ball AKA ultrasonic cleaner

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
most of my mixes are more than that $1.05.. and have more than 10 flavors in them..
sonics cant touch that.. only time, or they get ruined.
I have tried just about everything, from frothers, to micros, to coffee warmers and crock pots..
even attaching it to my mixer, as well as a magnetic stir machine..

here is a thought.. what happens when you over steep?
and it does happen.
as far as anything else.. it's your juice, do it the way you want.. :) just vape happy..

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never tried ultrasonic mixing of e-liquid, but I figure it would work better at mixing then shaking.

simply because the rapid vibrations would break the various ingredients into smaller particles for more even dispersing. Smaller and better dispersed molecules means the less change of them settling out. Look at milk, homogenization mixes it at a molecular level so the fat wont seperate from the water for several weeks.

Shaking by hand might give 10 shakes per a second
Ultrasonic mixing might give 500 shakes per second.

Somebody with an ultrasonic cleaner could very easily do a test to confirm or disprove them being better at mixing ingredients.
Take a two 120ml bottles, fill them 3/4 with colored water and 1/4 with vegetable oil.
Shake one vigorously by hand for 1 min, put one in an ultrasonic cleaner for 1 min.
See which looks better mixed. See which one takes longer to separate.

And, just for the sake of preventing people argueing for the sake of it, pictures and/or video of the process.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have just been using it to clean my attys. It only runs for 3 minutes so I think shaking HARD by hand still beats it. I mix in a 50ml cylinder with a long metal stirrer and started putting flavor first, then PG, Nic, finally VG. Definitely oil and water. I'll pour 4-5 times between two bottles fitst if I'm sharing with someone.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My mixes typically run $1.02-$1.12 for a 30 ml bottle. I do what I call the shake-n-steep (shake for 20-30 seconds every two days for two weeks and keep them stored in a wooden box in my basement). It seems to work for me. However, I have been considering getting an ultrasonic cleaner (not the cheep ones nor the industrial ones, something mid-grade that would run for about 30 minutes).

I should clarify, when I use the term steep I mean sitting, bottle cap on, undisturbed, in the dark, and at approximately 65-68 degrees Fahrenheit. When I use the term breath I mean that I let it sit with the top of the bottle totally open (rarely done), with all of the other aforementioned for steeping, for 24 to 48 hours; I put the cap on and shake (as above) approximately every eight hours then open it back up.

I primarily want it to clean my gear but I'm also going to see how it does on steeping. My test will be with a bottle made following my current method and a bottle made with ultrasonic steep (three 30 minute cycles). I also may try the microwave but set it as low as I can get it to go.

Edited for addition of clarification and grammar corrections.

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes mine are the same. Someone earlier posted that my nickel estimate was off. It costs me a nickel even with sample sized FlavourArt. If I used huge TFA/Capella or even worse flavorings it may be even cheaper. I'm sure large vendors do have it down to penny a ml.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, there are alot of flavors which can shake and vape. But no one on earth can tell me my capella vanilla custard mixes are just as good the day they are made, and two weeks later. Damn near every flavor with a vanilla, caramel, nut, custard, or cream note WILL ABSOLUTELY benefit from a bit of time.
Im not an obsessive steeper, but I know that it works in many more cases than it hurts.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, there are alot of flavors which can shake and vape. But no one on earth can tell me my capella vanilla custard mixes are just as good the day they are made, and two weeks later. Damn near every flavor with a vanilla, caramel, nut, custard, or cream note WILL ABSOLUTELY benefit from a bit of time.
Im not an obsessive steeper, but I know that it works in many more cases than it hurts.
Do you use v1 and v2?
I only ask because I make a MM clone for a friend. Its OK but I can tell him it may be better over time. He may already know as he is still smoking and hasn't gone through 30-45 mls in months.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm 95% FA (Have them all) but also bought the TPA 6 packs and a few others. My only cappella's are the v2 and strawberry.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry man, I was workin all day. Anyways, I use cap van custard v1. From what ive heard its the best vanilla custard period, thats why I havnt tried the v2 yet, I just dont want to be disappointed.
But honestly, as time goes on, it gets better and better and better and better. Shaking and vaping is always a failed venture with the v1, it needs to sit a few days minimum, a few weeks optimally.
I also have the caps sweet strawberry, its the only strawberry I use at the moment.
I have recipes that are 100% FA, some that are 50-50 fa-caps, and most that are somewhere in between. But I love Fa for its sheer strength.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just made a HIC coffee and one of my own. Made that mother's milk clone with TPA and Cap and it just tastes OK....

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do a strawberry cream with FA creams and caps strawberry, it comes out really good. Ill do 5% caps strawberry and 1% of fa custard, 1% fa vienna cream, and 1% fa fresh cream. Ive never tried mothers milk, but its a strawberry cream.

VU Sponsors