Become a Patron!

Naturally Extracted Coffee Concentrate

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mostly do this as a stocking stuffer at Xmas

But, premise is grind coffee or buy ground. Fill a glass jar about half way. Fill the jar to 3/4 level with PG. Place in shallow sauce pan or slow cooker and heat

Then strain through coffee filters. A few times is best

Putting the coffee filter in a funnel into a bottle or vessel is good

I have gifted this to a few people. And opinions on percentage to use vary widely. So sniff it and guess, if you bork it adjust percentage next time

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have steeped a few different coffee's and some black and mild cigars az well. They both were nice. I think the Black and Milds were better. Both were coil killers.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh if interested I cold steeped aprox. 30 days to develope flavor.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had read a lot on doing NETs (naturally extracted tobacco) Some just use PG and let it sit a very long time. Others use an ethyl alcohol method and evaporate the alcohol after (I think they also use some PG in that) Haven't tried it my self but want to. All I do know is you have to use better filters... simple coffee filters are not good enough. That's why it clogs coils. Maybe if you just use a RDA and don't mind re-wicking often (and maybe even changing coils) it would be OK. I'll try to post a link about the correct filters and how to use them. It would be the same issues with coffee. There also might be a small amount of oils in coffee but I wouldn't worry too much (don't think it's much) Instant coffee would be easy but most likely suck for flavor.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used micro fiber filters I purchazed from a head shop. After using coffee filters I pushed the net through a large syringe with the micro filter. It was very clean. No particulate at all. Still a coil killer.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used micro fiber filters I purchazed from a head shop. After using coffee filters I pushed the net through a large syringe with the micro filter. It was very clean. No particulate at all. Still a coil killer.
I see... so it's not just the particulates. Good to know.
@DogMan , I hope you don't mind we spun off into NETs but it's very similar to making coffee flavor.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see... so it's not just the particulates. Good to know.
@DogMan , I hope you don't mind we spun off into NETs but it's very similar to making coffee flavor.
i don't mind

i don't remember starting the thread, probably just lockdown boredom :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
btw with nets. Some are better cold and slow, others better with heat

heat is bolder. Cold more nuanced. Just depends what you want out of it

there are lots of nets threads. They usually go off topic to difference between NETs and WTA. I think that is why i stuck with non tobacco extracts for this thread

VU Sponsors