Become a Patron!

Nautilus BVC > Kayfun Lite +?

I've been using the Nautilus BVC coils for a month now and loving them. Decided to get the EH Pro KFL+ v2 as my first RBA. I hate it. I've tried many different builds (chimney, micro, nano, dual) at many different resistances and different wicking strategies (lots, little, covering juice channel and not covering). Can't get the flavour or vapour production I get from a BVC. I've been building drippers for a while so I like to think I know my way around building a coil.

I also drilled the air hole out to 3/32. This helped a bit but still behind the BVC.

Generally using 28g Kanthal and cotton wick. Am I missing something?

Poconorock

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the Nautilus BVC coils for a month now and loving them. Decided to get the EH Pro KFL+ v2 as my first RBA. I hate it. I've tried many different builds (chimney, micro, nano, dual) at many different resistances and different wicking strategies (lots, little, covering juice channel and not covering). Can't get the flavour or vapour production I get from a BVC. I've been building drippers for a while so I like to think I know my way around building a coil.

I also drilled the air hole out to 3/32. This helped a bit but still behind the BVC.

Generally using 28g Kanthal and cotton wick. Am I missing something?
I'm currently comparing both
So far I'm leaning towards the Nautilus

Good to know I'm not the only one! Was starting to think I was crazy or doing something wrong.

Lots of kayfun diehards on the web that swear they're better than everything else, including Bvc.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Imo , i have both and if their at their best i admit the Kayfun beats the Nautilus for taste but the Kayfun needs to be built just right and it can cause fits until you find the right combination . The Nautilus and BVC is excellent though no doubt about it , i just bought a second i like it so much .

The EH Pro is an excellent clone by the way, one of the best available..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know I'm not the only one! Was starting to think I was crazy or doing something wrong.

Lots of kayfun diehards on the web that swear they're better than everything else, including Bvc.

My Fogger gives much better flavor than my Kayfun ever did - or at least, flavor that I was able to coax out of it LOL The Nautilus with BVC is the only tank I've ever used that gives at least an acceptable level of flavor. I use Reos with an RDA 95% of the time, but I keep trying to find a use for my lonely Provari ;)

VU Sponsors