Become a Patron!

Nautilus Mini with Zmax v5

I just bought the Nautilus Mini yesterday and I love the tank. Although I think Zmax v5 may be holding it back. The Zmax v5 is vv @ 3v-6v or vw @ 3w-15w. I have had it set at 15w and it still feels like it needs to be hotter. My question is: if i set the volts to 6v with a 1.8 ohm BVC, will it hit 20 watts or will it only go up to 15w.
Battery is a panasonic NCR 18650 2900mAh.

If any more information is needed, I will be more than happy to supply it. Any help is much appreciated.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the Zmax is maxed out at 15w - that's as high as it'll go. You can choose to adjust the voltage OR the wattage on a vv/vw device. But, it's an either/or type situation. It's like a train being on one track and switching over to another. It only runs on the track that the conductor puts it on.
**** Never mind, I just re-read your post and I think you know that. duh. And, you're right, with 1.8 ohms resistance, if you set the vv at 6, you should pull 20 watts - I don't have an answer to your question. But, I would sure give it a try on 6 volts and see what she does. Your device, being regulated, will simply not fire, if it's being taxed... maybe someone that's more knowledgeable than I, will pop in and answer.

Good Lord, man.... 15 watts and it's too cool? I've got mine sitting on 10 watts & it's overcast with clouds, here. ;) You might try adjusting your airflow down. That will warm it up a bit, too. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks man. Ill try it out when I get the other liquid (spearmint) in it. The one i have in now (fireball), 15 watts is fine. (maybe even a little too hot)

Sorry for the late response. Its been a busy weekend

VU Sponsors