Become a Patron!

Need a box mod

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Okay so I have been working my way up the ladder. Started with disposables, then a little caliburn g, then a smok nord 4, then a BB, and now I need a box mod as I am building my own coils for my BB and I want a larger box mod for at home and long car trips etc..

I really like the minimalistic look vs the ever popular space gadget designs. I honestly like really simple boxy looking ones but performance is obviously the most important factor.

I’m thinking a dual 18650 and I like the dna chipsets but the options seem to be limited, so I’m open to others.

What box mod do you have and absolutely love and would recommend? What mod have you always wanted? My budget is in the 100 to 200 range so sell me a dream!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Element Vape has Paranormal but they sure are proud of it. $tabwood territory. Beautiful mod though. I wouldn't use something like that to build on. Futon Ohm Tab instead.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Riva, pretty small for 2 batts. Minimalistic.
1655853716158.png

Odin would be lighter, being aluminum. I consider it minimal. Use whatever color wraps you want.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have you thought about trying a squonker? Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF kit is super nice for a bit less than a hundred bucks, including a nice RDA. I believe mine came from Vapesourcing.com. It would be a great kit for a road trip; the squonk bottle holds 9.5ml of juice. Runs on one 2x700 battery.

Looks like ejuiceconnect.com has them for $64.99 in a good selection of colors.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Have you thought about trying a squonker? Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF kit is super nice for a bit less than a hundred bucks, including a nice RDA. I believe mine came from Vapesourcing.com. It would be a great kit for a road trip; the squonk bottle holds 9.5ml of juice. Runs on one 2x700 battery.

Looks like ejuiceconnect.com has them for $64.99 in a good selection of colors.
Oh I certainly do intend on getting into squonking eventually, but I seem to keep getting sidetracked from what I consider to be the "gold standard" "old school" standard box mod. I always seem to come up with some excuse every time I make a purchase and get something different, when I think a box mod is what I truly want and need.

I'm actually kind of leaning towards the Wismec RX Gen 3 Dual. Even JaiHaze gives it due credit and he seems to hate everything, if you know who that is. It is small and can handle up to 33mm atty with no overhang, but I'm still searching as I love researching things and I am not a very impulsive buyer. That is one of the reasons I hate going into brick and mortar stores, as I always feel rushed and talked into buying something I don't want and end up leaving disappointed and with less money.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The same one that puts 2 coils in a single coil atty then calls it crap?
Or puts 1 coil in a dual coil and calls it crap?
Even he will tell you he's more of an entertainer than a vape reviewer.
Jai Haze? :bs: I - M - O

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I certainly do intend on getting into squonking eventually, but I seem to keep getting sidetracked from what I consider to be the "gold standard" "old school" standard box mod. I always seem to come up with some excuse every time I make a purchase and get something different, when I think a box mod is what I truly want and need.

I'm actually kind of leaning towards the Wismec RX Gen 3 Dual. Even JaiHaze gives it due credit and he seems to hate everything, if you know who that is. It is small and can handle up to 33mm atty with no overhang, but I'm still searching as I love researching things and I am not a very impulsive buyer. That is one of the reasons I hate going into brick and mortar stores, as I always feel rushed and talked into buying something I don't want and end up leaving disappointed and with less money.

There are so many of those Reuleaux models, I get them confused, but I think I have two of the mods you're talking about. The kit comes with a Gnome King tank, in which you can use the WM-type rebuildable coil housing, and that ain't half bad. I think the last time I looked, ejuicesteals.com still had those RBAs available.

Don't think you could go wrong with that mod. The Reuleaux series in general has seemed to offer a lot of durability and function for the money. I have seen more than one Reuleaux mod that had been vaped and dropped and scratched and toted around until it looked like it had been through a bomb blast, but still working and trucking right along.

Last edited:

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
The original Voopoo Drag is as boxy as they come, it's only 24mm wide, so that might be too limiting for you but, they can be had for less than $50.00

VU Sponsors