Become a Patron!

Need a high capacity tank that won’t leak despite being tossed around.

levander

Member For 4 Years
it’s time to try a new tank.

My main criteria are high capacity, hopefully at least 5.5 ml. Because having to refill is an annoyance.

The other main criteria is no leaking. I throw my vape around everywhere. I’ll wake up in the morning and have to find my mod under the covers. In the past I’ve used top-airflow tanks (Geekvape Zeus, Smok X-Baby). But my understanding is they’ve gotten better at making tanks, and leaking! Even with abuse, isn’t nearly as uncommon as it was?

Flavor is a secondary concern, behind the two concerns above.

I guess a fourth concern is easy to find coils. It’s always a pain in the ass finding the right coil when it comes time to buy more.

Anyone have good suggestions?

levander

Member For 4 Years
Oh, this is an important concern. My Smok X-Baby, I had to let the coil soak in juice for like an hour before vaping if I wanted to be 100% sure the coil wouldn’t burn.

When I switched to the Geekvaoe Zeus, I just had to squirt a little juice on any opening, and I could start vaping a minute later without burning the coil.

So coils that don’t have to be heavily primed would be nice.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Crown 3. Never a leak on them after 3 years of use. Coils still available everywhere. .4 ohm is what I use

levander

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, some web searches last night, the Crown 4 seemed like the closest to what I’m looking for, it holds 6 ml and has some design that’s supposed to help extra with leaks.

But my problem with it is that it was released in 2018. How often do they upgrade that tank? Seems like I’d buy a Crown 4, then 3 months later the Crown 5 would come out...

That seems to be what happened to you if you bought the Crown 3 3 years ago. But it doesn’t seem to bother you much.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But my problem with it is that it was released in 2018. How often do they upgrade that tank? Seems like I’d buy a Crown 4, then 3 months later the Crown 5 would come out...

That seems to be what happened to you if you bought the Crown 3 3 years ago. But it doesn’t seem to bother you much.

New/er does not always imply better. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Also don't pet the the sweaty things, or sweat the petty ones. :)

As better said, ...

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Doesn’t bother me at all. The Crown 3 Works very well and didn’t need an upgrade. And I have a shitload of coils for them already. No desire to get the 4 or 5

VU Sponsors