Become a Patron!

Need A RDA For DIY Testing

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I quit vaping for about 2 years, but now back in it and back doing DIY e-liquids. I really need an RDA for testing new flavor mixes.
I am looking for one that I can change the cotton quickly without fussing with it, a single-coil, and I like larger build decks, but not larger than 26mm, and cheap would be nice too. I am ok with well-built clones but prefer originals.
Of course, flavor counts way more than clouds. It could be a dual coil as long as a single-coil will work too.
In the past, I bought RDA's on price alone and got stuck with some lame ones. I really only need one RDA as I prefer RTA's to vape with.
Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is an authentic on sale for $9.99. Get’em while you can. Can be used single or dual coil. Lots of people love this one, flavor is great on it & I only use single coil. There’s a thread here on VU on it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always used a single coil rda for taste testing. Right now I use a clone citadel, but I know it’s flavor profile welL, since the authentic is my go to atty. That’s kind of the key. Find an rda that you can use to derive how that juice will taste in your tanks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I always used a single coil rda for taste testing. Right now I use a clone citadel, but I know it’s flavor profile welL, since the authentic is my go to atty. That’s kind of the key. Find an rda that you can use to derive how that juice will taste in your tanks.

Thinking about it in the way you expressed here, I think the Dead Rabbit SQ (the single-coil one) is a great candidate for flavor testing. I also agree that the Axial would be very good, too, but I think the DRSQ is quite a bit easier to rewick.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
authentic on sale for $9.99
I used the link, but the site would not let me check out. I would say the site is out of order. I did find another one on the Unicorn site for $15 which is ok until I added shipping from B.C. Canada and that put me off.

a dead rabbit is what i use to test
A Dead Rabbit SQ is hard to find in stock. That one does look good.

I did find a Hellvape X Heathen Dead Rabbit RDA for @14.99 at Ecig City. It can be used as a single build. For a mere $0.50 I added a REMentry RDA too. It probably will suck, but for the price, it might be ok.

I did see some other nice-looking RDA's for cheap prices online that I passed on. They all had a hard to clean decks. A quick wipe with some vaper towel should all that is needed when changing cotton.

Thank you all for your help.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used the link, but the site would not let me check out. I would say the site is out of order. I did find another one on the Unicorn site for $15 which is ok until I added shipping from B.C. Canada and that put me off.

A Dead Rabbit SQ is hard to find in stock. That one does look good.

I did find a Hellvape X Heathen Dead Rabbit RDA for @14.99 at Ecig City. It can be used as a single build. For a mere $0.50 I added a REMentry RDA too. It probably will suck, but for the price, it might be ok.

I did see some other nice-looking RDA's for cheap prices online that I passed on. They all had a hard to clean decks. A quick wipe with some vaper towel should all that is needed when changing cotton.

Thank you all for your help.
Sorry about that, might be that you live in a state they don’t ship to? But looks like you found something.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hadalay clone is what I test with when the opportunity comes about. It is $10 everywhere in China.
So do I. I vape only mesh now and if it tastes good on a single coil it'll usually be very good on a mesh rda.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For a mere $0.50 I added a REMentry RDA too. It probably will suck, but for the price, it might be ok.
The REMentry RDA turned out to be quite good for a mix tester. I should have gotten a couple more at that price. Who knew?
The Hellvape X Heathen Dead Rabbit RDA vapes better as a dual coil than a single for me.
Both of them reminded me of how nice RDA's are when relaxing at home.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For single coil RDA clones: Reload S, as well as Entheon/Hadeon, Duetto Reborn v2 (haven't personally tried them att but the reload X clone was legit). You cawn find them at Fasttech, 3FVape, Vapeciga and I recommend going with SXK or other well known manufacturer - DO NOT select the LEAST expensive one aka the "CHEAPEST" for a reason
sorry i had no idea that I was writing under another user's post, my bad

Also, check out the Recurve RDA (original single coil version is very nice). You can find the authentic at ivapesupply.com - only available in rainbow but promise it doesnt affect flavor

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sorry i had no idea that I was writing under another user's post, my bad

Also, check out the Recurve RDA (original single coil version is very nice). You can find the authentic at ivapesupply.com - only available in rainbow but promise it doesnt affect flavor
That’s ok :)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Here’s a link for an nice clone, works well as a taste tester.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The REMentry RDA turned out to be quite good for a mix tester. I should have gotten a couple more at that price. Who knew?
You ain't lyin. That thing's an anomaly. Mediocre build quality, terrible o-ring tolerances. dime a dozen design, non standard cap/drip tip and vapes some stoopidly good flavor.

I got one for free from ecigcity when they screwed up an order and wound up buying 4 more for like 2 bucks each. Wadda sleeper.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That thing's an anomaly. Mediocre build quality, terrible o-ring tolerances. dime a dozen design, non standard cap/drip tip and vapes some stoopidly good flavor.
That is where I bought mine for $0.50 when I also bought the Hellvape X Heathen Dead Rabbit RDA. I figured how bad could it be for 50 cents? The deck on the REMentry RDA is so old school and to think it listed around $35 at one time.
Here’s a link for an nice clone, works well as a taste tester.
Speaking of clones, I ordered one. I found a Haku Venna Style 22mm RDA at 2Fdeal for $6.99 as I still wanted a single coil RDA to test with.
I have the Dead Rabbit next to my 2 RTA's for when I need a blast of flavor.
Currently, I am fiddling with a Chocolate Peppermint flavor that still needs some tweaking, but not bad for my first go at that flavor.

VU Sponsors