Become a Patron!

Need help, new to vaping.

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey my name is Matt and I joined this forum to look for some help. I like to buy top of the line and at my local smoke shop I was recommended an 18650 hell hound mechanical box mod @150 watts. I also bought a vortex atomizer for the tank and some juice for it.I bought two batteries and a charger for them. I charged each one for about two hours. I out the liquid in the tank, hope I did it the right way, filled it about 65-75% full up to the line. I screwed on the tank and put the batteries in after I let them charge for a couple hours. I hit it sometimes I barely get some smoke and sometimes I get no smoke at all. Any help please???

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you only charged your batteries for a couple hours, they're probably dead. New batteries need a good while to charge depending on your charger. What charger do you have?

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you only charged your batteries for a couple hours, they're probably dead. New batteries need a good while to charge depending on your charger. What charger do you have?
Idk I only had a couple bucks on me its an 8$ single battery charger. I'm going to charge the battery for about 5 hours each and try again. Someone else is also telling me I need to charge the batteries..ill keep you updated..

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Idk I only had a couple bucks on me its an 8$ single battery charger. I'm going to charge the battery for about 5 hours each and try again. Someone else is also telling me I need to charge the batteries..ill keep you updated..
Yeah...your batteries are dead my friend.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One: you don't want smoke to come out. That would be bad.
Two: when you buy at a vape shop they usually charge extra because they provide face to face help.
Charge the batteries tonight and go back and see them tomorrow.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally I would dick punch the head up their ass salestard for suggesting an unregulated mod, and a single battery charger to you.
But then again that is just me.

Mechs for the price and learning curve should not be the starter kit, a decent regulated should be.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Personally I would dick punch the head up their ass salestard for suggesting an unregulated mod, and a single battery charger to you.

Mechs for the price and learning curve should not be the starter kit, a decent regulated should be.
Completely agree with BigNasty. If you don't know ohms law, and some basic electrical, you could blow your face off with a mech mod. You should have started with a regulated mod. Highly unimpressed with your vape salesperson...

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
a vape shop should have sold you fully charged batteries and made sure you were set up before you left

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured out my problem. I was so frustrated. After I charged the batteries it still didn't work so it made me think it was the tank..which it was..the middle piece in the coils was wet, I had a replacement. I put the replacement in without getting it wet and tried again and now its working right. Is the other atomizer trashed or can I fix it?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Seriously, do yourself a favor and get a good regulated mod and a 4bay charger. Using a dual battery mod with 2 batteries on a single bay charger is a TERRIBLE idea.
a good regulated mod can be found for 50$ and under a 4bay charger for 15-20bucka. Go back to the mechanical mod after you figure out a few things and get your bearings. Seriously.

Yes the coil head is trash

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously, do yourself a favor and get a good regulated mod and a 4bay charger. Using a dual battery mod with 2 batteries on a single bay charger is a TERRIBLE idea.
a good regulated mod can be found for 50$ and under a 4bay charger for 15-20bucka. Go back to the mechanical mod after you figure out a few things and get your bearings. Seriously.

Yes the coil head is trash
Alright. Thank you

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
No, it isn't just you.

You'll pay up to half again more at a local brick-and-mortar than you would at an Internet store. A good deal of that is because the local B&M has staff to give you personal assistance. This one did not do right by the OP, IMHO.

Agreed.

To the OP: "I like to buy top of the line," "my local smoke shop" and "I only had a couple bucks on me" are almost certainly conflicting conditions. You must pick two ;) (This is not a vaping thing. It's pretty much true of most things you seek to buy.)

HTH

Jim

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What batteries did that schmo sell you?
If it has fire in the name that is not a name that is a fucking promise of what is going to happen.
if the battery is unknown mp draw and unknown amp pull from the unknown ohm f the atty you are treading into very dark and dangerous waters with a dance with Darwin.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listen to @BigNasty and the others here while you still have 2 hands, MECHs ARE NOT A BEGINNERS TOY you can get a nice regulated box with great performance online for a whole lot less than the hospital bills will be. PLEASE!!!

WiCKeDx97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you and no there's no battery's with the name fire. The brand I have is efest. Should. What kind of batteries should I buy? And I mainly bought a vape for 2 reasons.. 1. I smoke too much pot since I've bought it I haven't smoked and wasted money on it and 2. I want to cloud chase. It seems nice. The tank I bought doesn't seem gkkd for clouds.

VU Sponsors