Become a Patron!

Need help with 28ga wire

Hello guys, I'm Burak -a new member.I have a question for you.I've been vaping for one and a half month and quit smoking with it (thank god).I've been using pre-built coils for my rta atty.

And today I got my 30 ft- 28ga wires and I tried a 5 wrap coil.But the wire was really thinner than I expected.And my atty read it as 1.16 ohm.

How do you build with 28 ga? Is there any way to build a 0.30-0.50 Ohm wire with 28ga?

Or have I bought the wrong one? :(

I'm actually not really devastated with the result, flavor is fine.However...Since the wire is so thin, I have to use it at a low wattage (26-29) and it's a really cold vape which is not too nice for me.If I increase the WW it feels and tastes like it's about to burn itself.So, can I find a quick way to turn things around or do all my wires go to waste ? :(

P.S. : The reason I'm looking for 0.30-0.50 wire = The pre-built ones I've been using were really thin too (6 wraps) but they were giving me 0.30-0.35 ohm and it was heating up fast too like the ones I built but now 1.16 Ohm.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello guys, I'm Burak -a new member.I have a question for you.I've been vaping for one and a half month and quit smoking with it (thank god).I've been using pre-built coils for my rta atty.

And today I got my 30 ft- 28ga wires and I tried a 5 wrap coil.But the wire was really thinner than I expected.And my atty read it as 1.16 ohm.

How do you build with 28 ga? Is there any way to build a 0.30-0.50 Ohm wire with 28ga?

I'm actually not really devastated with the result, flavor is fine.However...Since the wire is so thin, I have to use it at a low wattage (26-29) and it's a really cold vape which is not too nice for me.If I increase the WW it feels and tastes like it's about to burn itself.So, can I find a quick way to turn things around or do all my wires go to waste ? :(

P.S. : The reason I'm looking for 0.30-0.50 wire = The pre-built ones I've been using were really thin too (6 wraps) but they were giving me 0.30-0.35 ohm and it was heating up fast too like the ones I built but now 1.16 Ohm.

Oh yes, don't worry! Coil two strands together - this is called a parallel build, it will cut resistance in half and add warmth and flavor

SREJGCi.jpg

Oh yes, don't worry! Coil two strands together - this is called a parallel build, it will cut resistance in half and add warmth and flavor
That looks really cool o_O, I'm looking for how to do parallel builds, thank you.I'm also open for different advices too, maybe I can't build that lol.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Another tip, you can take one long piece and fold it in half, hold the folded end against your coil jig and keep pressure on it as you coil it

You might hold the ends tight on the jig and twist the 2 strands together of each lead/leg , that helps the two wires hold their shape

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Forgot to ask - what RTA do you have, and what kind of wire is your 28g?

Forgot to ask - what RTA do you have, and what kind of wire is your 28g?
Hey, I have Zeus RTA, and CloudWire 28ga Kanthal A1.

cloud_wire_kanthal_28ga-800x800.jpg

Ahhh, if you have the single coil Zeus, you might shoot for 0.6-0.7 ohms, and just adjust wattage as neccessary
Hey, I made a coil -3 strands, 3 wraps- it turned out to be 0.35 ohm.It's fine now with 30-32 WW.But it's really a hassle dealing with it (if you know the way the zeus is coiled).

Do yo guys mind taking a picture of different gauge wires (27-26-24-22) "if you have of course" to compare them to 28 gauge? Maybe I can use one of them as just 1 strand? Which one of them may be as thick as just only one strand would be enough?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, I made a coil -3 strands, 3 wraps- it turned out to be 0.35 ohm.It's fine now with 30-32 WW.But it's really a hassle dealing with it (if you know the way the zeus is coiled).

Do yo guys mind taking a picture of different gauge wires (27-26-24-22) "if you have of course" to compare them to 28 gauge? Maybe I can use one of them as just 1 strand? Which one of them may be as thick as just only one strand would be enough?

Well, 28g is 0.32 mm around, and 22g is 0.64mm around, and 20g is 0.8mm around

I like single 22g and 20g wire builds

Kman

Member For 1 Year
If you got a drill you can also take 2 strands and twist em...
6 wraps will give you .3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hey is that twisted with a 3mm inner diameter???,I have been wanting to use up some 28 gauge I have laying around and I knew twisted was the way ,just didnt have a formula ,thanks bud!!

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
If you got a drill you can also take 2 strands and twist em...
6 wraps will give you .3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I tried that yesterday with the Nichrome 80 28g and get .29ohms but I think I wrapped 5 times. I got a pulse x Atty that I wanna try on my drag 2 177w.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It sounds like 24ga would be the one for you.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
My fav,is 27 gauge A1 kanthal, parallel ,6 wraps ,inner diameter 3mm ,for a dual coil comes out to exactly .3 ohms

VU Sponsors