Become a Patron!

Need help with butterscotch flavour

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use FA Butterscotch - pretty damned good at about 3%, though I usually use it at 1-2% in mixes with other things.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA butterscotch is the best ive tried for that 'real butterscotchey' flavour. I have FA butterscotch and its more concentrated, but not nearly as good.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FW Butterscotch is also good, but may have the bad stuff, unless they've removed them from the new batches IDK.
I've got the older stuff yet so...

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm actually impressed with loranns butterscotch, I use 15 bottles. 100% VG 10ml, then butterscotch 2ml and vanilla 2ml then 1ml distilled water, steep on stove top in 130-150° water for 2-3 hours and it taste great. Granted I probably don't have the taste buds some of you more experienced guys do, it taste good to me

Don't look under the Bridge

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
TFA butterscotch is the best ive tried for that 'real butterscotchey' flavour. I have FA butterscotch and its more concentrated, but not nearly as good.
Hey Paula, just ordered some TFA BS. What was your final percentage on it. Looking to finally perfect a great BS mix then get some nice Caramel into it. Currently I have FA BS but seems too weak for me. Have FW, HS and TFA Butterscotch inbound

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Paula, just ordered some TFA BS. What was your final percentage on it. Looking to finally perfect a great BS mix then get some nice Caramel into it. Currently I have FA BS but seems too weak for me. Have FW, HS and TFA Butterscotch inbound
You can go anywere from 3% to 6%, add some caramels or other butterscotches to your liking. Thats where it works best for me. I would try 4%tfa bs, 3% tfa caramel, and 2%FA butterscotch and see where that takes you. Theres alot of room to grow also, toss in 5-7%caps vanilla custardand you might have something really special

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
You can go anywere from 3% to 6%, add some caramels or other butterscotches to your liking. Thats where it works best for me. I would try 4%tfa bs, 3% tfa caramel, and 2%FA butterscotch and see where that takes you. Theres alot of room to grow also, toss in 5-7%caps vanilla custardand you might have something really special
Sounds great and thanks do much. I've never found fa butterscotch to do much for me but maybe combined with tfa it will shine. I'll Def give it a shot at your suggestions. I'm fresh out of tfa caramel but have some INW on the way. Will test that out as a standalone first.

Spelling Errors compliments of my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Also Have Van CUSTARD V2 And V1 Along With Some Game Over. Fun times

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
My fav butterscotches:

3x Butterscotch (NF) or (Best Flavors), alc though.
Butterscotch (FW)

TPA one is good if you let it steep 3wks.

I mix and match all 3 with other flavors (See my other post).

Last edited:

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
As others stated, mixing butterscotch with Caramel is a good idea.
Mixing butterscotch with butter rum and/or Irish cream is also a good idea.
P.S.
Hmmm, blending it with DIYFS Toffee or NF Caramel Creme could also be good.

Best Caramel flav's: a tie between:

Caramel Candy (FW) or Salted Caramel (FW)
LorAnn Natural's Creamy Caramel
Caramel Cream (NF)

(These opinions are about pure flavor bliss an yumminess; PLZ research diketones to formulate an informed opinion before using these flavorings.)

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Haha this made me want to get Medicine Flower Butterscotch, make a recipe with it and post it just so I can type MF BS over and over.

I know I should grow up but I don't feel like it.
Hshsha. That's awesome. Just got my various bs flavors in today so I can begin to make up samples. So now I have in the bs fkavors: FA, TFA, FW, HS. one of those us bound to be a slam dunk

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hshsha. That's awesome. Just got my various bs flavors in today so I can begin to make up samples. So now I have in the bs fkavors: FA, TFA, FW, HS. one of those us bound to be a slam dunk

That's too much BS for one post! You could start "The BS Thread". I bet there would be little to no talk about Butterscotch unfortunately. Let us know how that Hangsen stacks up. I don't have many HS flavors but some of theirs are the best. Some others, not so much. I guess that's a fair description of every flavor manufacturer though.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Most likely the BS thread would be alot of bullshit for sure but would be fun to do.
This will be my first shot at the HS flavors. Some say they are good while others not so much. So I figured I would give it a shot since I am not a big fan of the FA version. I do have to say the HS does smell nice in the bottle (going to mix up samples here in a bit) but the FW smells amazing. We will see what happens after some steeping and sitting.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought HS was yuk and FA not enough candy to it, more the chew flavor.

FW is hands down my fav butterscotch but I don't like any of them stand alone.
Caps VC1, pick your vanillas to add and just a few percent FW BS (4-6%), some sweetner like a FA Marshmallow or a brown sugar.

Lately I've just been mixing GOC at a lower percentage and adding 4% FW BS.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most likely the BS thread would be alot of bullshit for sure but would be fun to do.
This will be my first shot at the HS flavors. Some say they are good while others not so much. So I figured I would give it a shot since I am not a big fan of the FA version. I do have to say the HS does smell nice in the bottle (going to mix up samples here in a bit) but the FW smells amazing. We will see what happens after some steeping and sitting.
I think it was mentioned earlier but the FW was tested to have a LOT of diectyl in the past. That's why it tastes good.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it does have the baddies in it but I don't get all worked up about it. I don't work in a popcorn factory breathing in massive doses of it every day and I don't believe the miniscule amounts in the concentrate will affect me negatively.

Some people just have to worry about something or have something to blog about.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I thought HS was yuk and FA not enough candy to it, more the chew flavor.

FW is hands down my fav butterscotch but I don't like any of them stand alone.
Caps VC1, pick your vanillas to add and just a few percent FW BS (4-6%), some sweetner like a FA Marshmallow or a brown sugar.

Lately I've just been mixing GOC at a lower percentage and adding 4% FW BS.
Sounds great. The FW and tfa seem to have the best smell to the bs. They are in cp now steeping. Also 60 ml of vc V1 and GOC at 12 & 14 percent. Prob Will Rick With Bs And CUSTARD TOGETHER. Once I get the right standalone dialed in I will work to add the custards

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I started the bs FW at 7 standalone and tfa at 5 as that seemed to be the recommended starting points. Easy to add more vg ad I put 10 MLS in 30 ml bottels lolol

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! 20ml head space will definitely give you room to add to the mix ;)

I think I was 11 or 12 % GOC with 4% FWBS but I just wanted a hint of BS in it so yeah, maybe ~6% for a full BS mix :eek:

Adding the BS to the mix definitely added to required steep time. For me, put it in the cupboard for a week with GOC and about 2 weeks with the FWBS added.

Would like to hear what you come up with for the ratios, only mixed GOC/FWBS twice now and not settled on a perfet mix.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yea I thought that would give me enough room to dilute down if needed. I like my goc strong so 14 is great for me. I am excited to get it nailed down but prob take a few weeks to have final answers. I got a feeling it's gonna be either fw or tfa with vc v1. Just my gut atm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was 15% for GOC I was so excited about the great custard and great use of vanillas but have been mixing at 13.5% and may go to 13% for my next jug mixed. Still great full mouth flavor but I can vape it longer, 15% was a couple hours and I had to go to a fruit or vape tongue set in.

To me VC1 is not enough, it just tastes like a one dimensional sweet egg. I need a vanilla swirl and a FA vanilla at the least thrown in and a sweetener. But that's just me :)

For sure dialing in a mix is like watching grass grow with steep times thrown in.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good point. I do suffer from that tongue issue from time to time. I also use goc at 9 in most mixes so prob goc overdosing lolol
I've never used vc v1 only v2 but it prob does need some marshmallow or merginque to sweeten and possible van classic.
Hate watching juice steep lolol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
So far we are in day three of steeping after a 4 hr cp steep and the tfa and FW versions are incredibly delicious creamy and aromatic :)

VU Sponsors