Become a Patron!

Need help with Dovpo Topside.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I try downloading the files so I can make my mod use TC mode it just opens up an application, but the START button is greyed out and I can't do anything. After I close the application out my computer says it doesn't think the application has been installed correctly. When I plug the mod into my computer I don't see a notification that anything has been plugged into my computer no matter which usb slot I use. I've tried with the battery in, out, holding the +and- buttons in while plugging it in, not doing that.

Also Windows defender keeps popping up saying the files aren't trusted. I've tried everything I can think of with my limited computer technical abilities.

I think the atomizer has to be screwed off, the battery has to be in, and then before plugging in the cable keep holding the + - buttons the entire time.
If all of that doesn't work, try a different cable.
If that doesn't work, then well, I don't know

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Dovpo Topside 90W TC Box Mod Firmware Upgradeable

Should be similar process for all DovPo Topside line of products. The Topside Lite I got fiddles around in temperature control mode. Not sure I even care to understand that mode, much less use it.

Not updated anything on the device. Using it in wattage mode fine enough to suit me. Updates and such are one more reason I prefer mechanical mods. Less hassle is good, imho.

Apologies if this doesn't help. As I say, I don't really bother over such things.

Last edited:

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I got it to work this morning. I have no idea how I got it to work though. I think I held in the + and - buttons while plugging it in and didn't let go until after the update was done and I unplugged the mod.

Don't know how I got the download to work though.

I'm now happily vaping in tc mode. Besides the issue with download I really like the mod. The battery door is also kinda shitty.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is TCR mode and is it any better than just using the mod in TC mode for stainless steel?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

What is TCR Mode on a Vape?

What is TCR vs Tc

difference between TCR mode and TC mode for vaping

My limited comprehesion of it, if you want to be anally retentive over coil material and coefficency you use TCR. If not you use manufacture presets, plain old TC.

Don't use either one, meself. If'n ye want to go that route yeself, bang on! :) Glad you're finding your way, I'll plod on mine. :)

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After firmware update, does it display hit count? Thanks in advance.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What is TCR mode and is it any better than just using the mod in TC mode for stainless steel?
TCR is TC where you manually set the temperature coefficient manually. The TC for SS
316L is 092....

VU Sponsors