Become a Patron!

Need help with my new mod

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I've had my mod for about a week now but haven't really used it since I lost a battery on the first day due to misplacing it or just plain losing it. So I ordered new one's and they finally got here. I have a VapeOBox from VapeOholic that goes up to 150watts. Here is the link to it http://www.vapeoholic.com/store/p341/vapeObox_150Watts_(Authentic).html. I have the blue one. The point of my thread is that it vapes way too high for some reason at lower watts. Example, my brother has a IPV mini and I would use it on my Aspire Atlantis at 30 watts and it was good. Now I use the same Aspire Atlantis on my new vapeobox at 10 watts and I get burnt taste at times. At 10 watts!! vapeobox 10 watts is like any other box's 40 watts or something. Does anyone know why? I can try to take a picture of the box on or a small video if it would help. It vapes high at really low watts but it always says 8.- volts pushing at all times. Is there something I'm missing here?

Last edited:

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't ever go over 6 v try building a higher ohm coil. That might fix your problem.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you lower voltage?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I've had my mod for about a week now but haven't really used it since I lost a battery on the first day due to misplacing it or just plain losing it. So I ordered new one's and they finally got here. I have a VapeOBox from VapeOholic that goes up to 150watts. Here is the link to it http://www.vapeoholic.com/store/p341/vapeObox_150Watts_(Authentic).html. I have the blue one. The point of my thread is that it vapes way too high for some reason at lower watts. Example, my brother has a IPV mini and I would use it on my Aspire Atlantis at 30 watts and it was good. Now I use the same Aspire Atlantis on my new vapeobox at 10 watts and I get burnt taste at times. At 10 watts!! vapeobox 10 watts is like any other box's 40 watts or something. Does anyone know why? I can try to take a picture of the box on or a small video if it would help. It vapes high at really low watts but it always says 8.- volts pushing at all times. Is there something I'm missing here?

Sounds like the box is not bucking down, or lowering the voltage lower than the battery output. Since the box is 150 watts, I assume the batteries are in series to get the needed volts to achieve 150 watts.

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yea uh from everything I have read the two are kinda the same thing. Like say 6 volts would be 15 watts but you also have to factor in the resistance of the coil

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The specs say it should regulate down to 1volt and 3 watts. It sounds like it is not doing it as the others stated above. That being said I don't know much about the brand which I believe is Vape Connexx but it is not a well known maker, maybe the board is bad? When you have it at 10 watts what is the volt reading? Here is a link to the one that appears to be the same:
http://smokelesssuccess.com/2015/reviews/vtm-150-watt-vape-connexx/

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just thinking does the box have variable voltage in addition to variable wattage? Maybe it's set to volts and pushing out the max from the two batteries?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like a rebranded Sig 150 any idea what board is in it? If you take out the batteries and press the fire button when you put them in does it show the board type?

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for not updating. I will make a video on it tomorrow. Hopefully I can show everything I am trying to explain on it while letting you guys see it and let me know your thoughts.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could be using Mean instead of RMS like the early Istick. But unless you actually measure the output you wont be able to find out from speculation.

VU Sponsors