Become a Patron!

need help with strawberry cheese cake

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have these flavor that I think will wor together for a cheesecake but don't know what percentages to use I have, cap vanilla custard, cheesecake(graham crust) , strawberry (ripe), Vienna cream, vanilla swirl, cap sugar cookie, Bavarian cream
Can I use any of these flavor to make a cheesecake or any other good flavor if so what flavors at what percentages
Thanks!

aerobroken

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6% Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
10% Strawberry (Ripe)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try the cheese at .5 and work up from there. The graham is going to make it harsh.
The berry try it at 5% and work up from there.
A drop or two of lime will make it pop.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cheesecake can go from hmmm to :zombie:
images

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow @BigNasty, Cheesecake Graham Crust is that strong to you? I use it at 3% typically, sometimes less, but I get that floofy yummy taste from it, not the picture you posted, LMAO.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
mine must of been off.
I know the scent of TFA will turn me green around the gills.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it I mix at like cheesecake (graham crust) 3% vanilla custard (cap) 2% strawberry (ripe)4% . Will it be good or will the custard take away from the cheesecake?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it I mix at like cheesecake (graham crust) 3% vanilla custard (cap) 2% strawberry (ripe)4% . Will it be good or will the custard take away from the cheesecake?
You could always mix it without, then add the custard. IMO the custard is strong, BUT I'm not a fan of that one, so is difficult for me to say in all fairness. Or make small sample sized of each, instead of like a 30ml. I mix samples at 5ml or 10ml usually.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could always mix it without, then add the custard. IMO the custard is strong, BUT I'm not a fan of that one, so is difficult for me to say in all fairness. Or make small sample sized of each, instead of like a 30ml. I mix samples at 5ml or 10ml usually.
Ok thanks ill try without and see how it is first

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks ill try without and see how it is first
In my experience cap ingredients take away from flavors so I don't think you will taste much strawberry at that level. You will also need to steep that for at least one week but two would be better. Not a shake and vape.

Cap NY Cheesecake removes flavor from fruits so I have to add more fruit when using that.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my experience cap ingredients take away from flavors so I don't think you will taste much strawberry at that level. You will also need to steep that for at least one week but two would be better. Not a shake and vape.

Cap NY Cheesecake removes flavor from fruits so I have to add more fruit when using that.
If I don't use the cap vanilla custard how long should I steep?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would probably try 3% cheesecake graham, 0.5 Vienna creame, 1% Vanilla swirl and 6% Stawberry ripe. Steep at least 7 days mixing and airing daily.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would probably try 3% cheesecake graham, 0.5 Vienna creame, 1% Vanilla swirl and 6% Stawberry ripe. Steep at least 7 days mixing and airing daily.
This sounds good ill make some of this to

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you wanted a shake and vape you could try 2% fa Vienna crème and 4% strawberry ripe. See how that tastes to you. Make a 5 ml batch.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What scale is everyone using thats accurate at 5ml? My smallest batches are 15ml or the percentage is wrong.

The ingredients you have listed looks like you're shooting for something more like notcharlesmanson's strawberry shortcake bar than strawberry cheesecake, so you might want to check his recipe out too.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/224872/Strawberry+Shortcake+Bar

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What scale is everyone using thats accurate at 5ml? My smallest batches are 15ml or the percentage is wrong.

The ingredients you have listed looks like you're shooting for something more like notcharlesmanson's strawberry shortcake bar than strawberry cheesecake, so you might want to check his recipe out too.

I do mix by weight, but in a 5ml sample, most of my flavoring bottles are 33 drops per ml. I go drops on those. They're too small to fool with all that, LOL. In this case I go one drop is 0.5%

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I should've mentioned, I'm not one for perfection, but consistency. Works for me in this case.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do mix by weight, but in a 5ml sample, most of my flavoring bottles are 33 drops per ml. I go drops on those. They're too small to fool with all that, LOL. In this case I go one drop is 0.5%
Ah, I thought you either had a really expensive scale or you did what I tried, put 3 5mil bottles on the scale and fill them all at once trying to remember what went where, and eventually knocking the bottles over.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ah, I thought you either had a really expensive scale or you did what I tried, put 3 5mil bottles on the scale and fill them all at once trying to remember what went where, and eventually knocking the bottles over.
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from there. BUT, I don't need 3 bottles in order to knock them over, nope.
no.gif

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mix your recipe as stated,, in a BIGGER bottle. if its too strong add more base. if you have to add more base,, figure out which of the flavors was too strong and add more of the ones you liked.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
cap vanilla custard 1%
cheesecake(graham crust) 5%
strawberry (ripe) 7%
Vienna cream 1%
vanilla swirl 2%
cap sugar cookie 2%
Bavarian cream 2%

That is what I would do at a guess. Personally I dont really get a cheescake flavour from the tpa concentrate though more a biscuit flavour. None of the cheesecake flavours i have tried have been that good. I have though never tried Caps NY Cheesecake as I know it was in most of the vendors juices I used to buy and after a while of loving it I got sick of it......but if you are after a cheesecake flavour it is definately the one to buy I would say.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
cap vanilla custard 1%
strawberry (ripe) 7%
Vienna cream 1%
vanilla swirl 2%
cap sugar cookie 2%
Bavarian cream 2%

That is what I would do at a guess. Personally I dont really get a cheescake flavour from the tpa concentrate though more a biscuit flavour. None of the cheesecake flavours i have tried have been that good. I have though never tried Caps NY Cheesecake as I know it was in most of the vendors juices I used to buy and after a while of loving it I got sick of it......but if you are after a cheesecake flavour it is definately the one to buy I would say.
If you combine NY Cheesecake and tfa cheesecake graham you get a creamy cheesecake but it needs to steep a good two weeks.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cap vanilla custard 1%
strawberry (ripe) 7%
Vienna cream 1%
vanilla swirl 2%
cap sugar cookie 2%
Bavarian cream 2%

Alright ya I bought the cheesecake graham for another recipe not cheesecake related that I ended up not liking so I was just trying to find a way to use it. I'll definitely pick up the ny cheesecake in my next flavor order. Thanks.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is what i mixed up so far
Cheesecake (graham crust) 4%
Marshmallow fa 1%
Vanilla swirl 2%
Strawberry (ripe) 5%
Any thoughts or recommendations?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because of the marshmallow? I tried a drop on my finger. And ya its really sweet.
That and the strawberry combined. Strawberry ripe is sweet. It starts off strong but fades off in a couple weeks. If you were to make a giant batch and it lasted you a long time you may have to add strawberry to it to refresh it. I don't seem to have the same issue with inw shisha strawberry. That is my favorite now. I even used it with tfa strawberry ripe and tfa strawberry in the same recipe and there was no fade. All I did was cut the strawberry ripe and add the inw strawberry to replace what I cut. That mix is maybe 2 months old and still tastes great.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That and the strawberry combined. Strawberry ripe is sweet. It starts off strong but fades off in a couple weeks. If you were to make a giant batch and it lasted you a long time you may have to add strawberry to it to refresh it. I don't seem to have the same issue with inw shisha strawberry. That is my favorite now. I even used it with tfa strawberry ripe and tfa strawberry in the same recipe and there was no fade. All I did was cut the strawberry ripe and add the inw strawberry to replace what I cut. That mix is maybe 2 months old and still tastes great.
Ya that makes sense IV been told to use strawberry ripe in a low percentage in certain recipes just to sweeten things up. Thanks for all the help and advice.

budlight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cap vanilla custard 2%
cheesecake(graham crust) 3%
strawberry (ripe) 9%
Vienna cream 1%
vanilla swirl 1%
Bavarian cream 2%

Try to add sweet cream 2% or whipped cream 1%

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are so many recipes on here and so much you said you were making. I am unsure of which one you tried. I agree with @KGuardian
I mixed this
Cheesecake (graham crust) 4%
Marshmallow fa 1%
Vanilla swirl 2%
Strawberry (ripe) 5%

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can see ice cream with that. Vanilla swirl was one of the flavors I used to get ice cream before I bought vbic.

I do bet that tastes good, though.

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can see ice cream with that. Vanilla swirl was one of the flavors I used to get ice cream before I bought vbic.

I do bet that tastes good, though.
What vanilla bean ice cream do you use also have you tried cap funnel cake flavor ?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What vanilla bean ice cream do you use also have you tried cap funnel cake flavor ?
I have cap. TFA makes it too. Haven't had it but cap is good. I made Squonks strawberry ice cream. I got it because of his recipes, along with inw shisha vanilla and inw shisha strawberry.

VU Sponsors