Become a Patron!

Need help

I have a GS-H2 Clearomizer (yes I just got started with vaping) I'm not sure about the battery specs. Anyway, it came with a 2.4ohm coil which worked fine. I was advised to switch to a 1.8ohm for more flavour, vapour etc. This worked like a bomb and I was happy.But now when I switch to the 2.4ohm coil, no matter how much I charge my battery I keep getting the blinking light. Any help?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the 1.8 works but the 2.4 doesn't then the 2.4 may have developed a short.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have a GS-H2 Clearomizer (yes I just got started with vaping) I'm not sure about the battery specs. Anyway, it came with a 2.4ohm coil which worked fine. I was advised to switch to a 1.8ohm for more flavour, vapour etc. This worked like a bomb and I was happy.But now when I switch to the 2.4ohm coil, no matter how much I charge my battery I keep getting the blinking light. Any help?
Hiya Bull... Congrats on making the switch!!!!

If you post a pic of your battery I can tell you what it is.

I only use 2.2-2.5 ohm in my GS-H2's... 1.8ohm always tastes burnt to me... but if you like a airier draw and faster heat, the 1.8ohms should work well for you. Generally the flashing is caused by over-tightening of the clearo. Try backing up your clearo just a smidge, not enough to make it jiggle but just so it's not "clamping down" on the connection. This fixes the flashing 9/10 times for me.

Sophia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what kind of battery you use? In general, ordinary ego battery can work successfully with GS-H2. Did you test if the battery is short-circuited?
Since you have placed the coil, did you clean the base? Was the base wiped dry before put on the battery? Otherwise it will cause a short circuit!

sorry, system problems caused retransmission

Mod edit: cleaned up

Last edited by a moderator:

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure the coil head is in there snug. Not loose, and not super tight. Just on the tight side of snug. You may need to flip it over and pull out the center contact just a tiny little bit - or, conversely, to gently pry up the center contact on your battery.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have tightened it down too tight, you could have crushed the insulator gasket causing a short, luckily there is an easy fix for that

Also coils do go bad or are bad from the factory, a multimeter will tell you if they are defective or not

You can get very inexpensive coil testers from fasttech or for a bit more from CONUS vendors

I have some American Red Tobacco in a GS-H2 at 1.8Ω (I self rebuilt the coil) that I have had in the bottle for over a year from Totally Wicked (I don't buy from them anymore...to pricy) on a Kamry eCab V2 as I type this ;) [I am well over tobacco flavors, but sometimes a changeup and reminder of why I quit helps]

(I do have ALOT more rigs, but this is one of my "backups for my backups of my backups" I have in my desk draw at work

Last edited:

VU Sponsors