Become a Patron!

need some help/advice.

im getting a bit stressed out. I have a voopoo drag. I used to use a valyrian uwell tank but the coils were expenisve and they would burn out quick, so i got talked into getting an rta. I got this vandy vape kensei and had a friend's friend help me out putting the coils in and wicking.

recently i just tried switching out the coils. they seem okay. they glow middle out and even on both sides. my problem started when ive tried wicking. (using cotton bacon btw)

1st try getting not very much liquid it seems. i took out the cotton and found that where the coils rest on the cotton it was pretty much dry. dont know what thats from, because i primed it
2nd try, about the same
3rd try, i decided to use less. now my tank was leaking. and same with 4th
5th time now and im using the cotton that came with the coilology kit. but the flavor isnt that great... i dont know what to do. im still new to rtas and about a couple of months vaping.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU.....:vino:

Some tanks are pickier than others in the wick dept. It's usually trial and error.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicking is a challenge - and every damned tank is going to vary - just "because".

That said, I found these... And, there are two decent reviewers right off the top.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try look at how Vick does it.. about 15.15 time..

RTAs are indeed finicky.. but there some tricks with the various wick hole designs.. you just gotta watch some vids.. and try it out.. too much too less cotton will affect flavor and leakage..

As for why the wick on the bottom is dry.. when I prime it i try to drop juice on the coils and into them ..holding the deck perpendicular to allow it to seep into the coils..

VU Sponsors