Need some USPS advice, please!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I made a trade with a member on this forum. We both shipped the same day, I even shipped a few hours earlier than the other member. We shipped 2 day priority, both ways. Both had expected delivery date of June 29th. I received my package on time. Normally my mail goes from my local PO straight to Harrisburg, PA then to the local sorting hub closest to the receiver, then their local PO. This time the package I sent made a detour to Philadelphia, PA and then to Harrisburg, PA. Last update was that it had arrived there. The Harrisburg hub has always scanned the packages during arrival and departure. It's been stuck at arrived at Harrisburg hub since the 27th. Is there something else I can do to see what's going on? I've sent two emails to the USPS and tried to call my local PO to have a Harrisburg NDC package inquiry with a supervisor and was unable to reach ANYONE. I've also tried calling the main PO in Harrisburg but again could not reach anyone. The 1800 number was useless, couldn't get past the automated system and speak to a real person. I'm going to my local PO to speak with a supervisor in person tomorrow to see if an inquiry can be made. I realize it's in USPS hands but feel it makes me look bad with the person I traded with. Is there anything else I can do? Anyone have any suggestions to find out why it's stuck/not delivered on the 29th? Btw, tracking STILL says expected delivery date is the 29th,normally this changes if there's a delay....

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently had a package get "stalled" at a post office like that,(sat in the Chattanooga PO) got it 2 days late. The expected delivery date never got updated.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some times USPS screws up and sends packages standard parcel mail instead of first class or priority. It can take up to 10 business days. Just happened to me twice in the last couple weeks. I called the 1800 number and they verified this had happened and of course apologized.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some times USPS screws up and sends packages standard parcel mail instead of first class or priority. It can take up to 10 business days. Just happened to me twice in the last couple weeks. I called the 1800 number and they verified this had happened and of course apologized.
How the hell did you talk to a person?!?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My main concern is him getting the items I sent. Like I said, I know it in usps hands, but I made a trade, got my stuff and usps is fucking it up, I feel absolutely horrible he hasn't received his stuff yet!

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Somewhere in that maze of a menu system there was an option to speak with a rep. I believe it was in the tracking sub menu. What they told me is if it doesn't show depart from a place it usually means it was mis-sorted to standard mail and won't show any tracking updates until it hits the sorting facility at it's destination.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had a similar thing happen to me with a member here a well. It turned out to be a small mistake on my part of shipping it and the package got lost. I filed a couple of claims and sorted everything out but it was not found and is still in usps limbo somewhere

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a similar thing happen to me with a member here a well. It turned out to be a small mistake on my part of shipping it and the package got lost. I filed a couple of claims and sorted everything out but it was not found and is still in usps limbo somewhere
Ugh I don't like the sound of that! I traded a very rare mechanical mod, I made sure everything was correct. So there's no reason it shouldn't arrive hoping it was mis sorted....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, my only thought to maybe help you find a bit of relief is that the person on the receiving end can see the same things you're seeing, and at least, they know it's out there.

I've never had major issues getting vape mail. I was supposed to get a package today in the mail and it's somewhere in MA. It happens, but I know its on it's way.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, my only thought to maybe help you find a bit of relief is that the person on the receiving end can see the same things you're seeing, and at least, they know it's out there.

I've never had major issues getting vape mail. I was supposed to get a package today in the mail and it's somewhere in MA. It happens, but I know its on it's way.
He does and I've been showing proof of my efforts to get this package moving to him!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've sent two emails and been calling my po and Harrisburg all day!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Key one is not to tell them your tracking number - that's a guarantee to get stuck in phone machine loop hell...they'll even assign your phone number to a specific complaint and attempt to block you from getting through, so if possible mask your number or call from a new phone and attack all the prompts as if you're a confused (but persistent) old lady - give it 45 minutes and you'll get through.

Wish I could say I knew a better way...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I've NEVER gotten a local PO to pick up a phone in over 100 attempts...working the 800# system is your best bet, trying live interaction made me persona non grata at my local PO.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just nonsense this is even happening....

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
I hate the USPS -- See my signature...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going in person tomorrow. Idc what they say. I'll try to be polite. But I now have to worry about a fair trade I made all thanks to the glorious usps

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went through this the first time with a $500 Fasttech order that contained a handful of Christmas presents that they attempted to deliver to my office in an industrial park on a Saturday when we were closed - they were going to re-route the thing back to China after one failed delivery attempt! It took more than 20 hours of haggling and phone-tree hell to get the local postmaster general involved and convince them to make a re-delivery attempt - the package had even already been re-routed away from my hometown and back to Los Angeles for export before they caught it.

Then a month later I had another issue with a DIY order that they swore they'd delivered (again on a Saturday, to the address they're reported undeliverable a few weeks prior)...lost that battle and lost again on appeal after the carrier swore he'd personally delivered it to me, but at least the vendor stood up and issued a store credit equal to my loss.

I wish you much better luck than I've had.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went through this the first time with a $500 Fasttech order that contained a handful of Christmas presents that they attempted to deliver to my office in an industrial park on a Saturday when we were closed - they were going to re-route the thing back to China after one failed delivery attempt! It took more than 20 hours of haggling and phone-tree hell to get the local postmaster general involved and convince them to make a re-delivery attempt - the package had even already been re-routed away from my hometown and back to Los Angeles for export before they caught it.

Then a month later I had another issue with a DIY order that they swore they'd delivered (again on a Saturday, to the address they're reported undeliverable a few weeks prior)...lost that battle and lost again on appeal after the carrier swore he'd personally delivered it to me, but at least the vendor stood up and issued a store credit equal to my loss.

I wish you much better luck than I've had.
Thanks for the good wishes. I traded a pinoy mechanical mod I've only ever seen once (online) other than the one I owned and a lemo (replaceable) but that mech was very rare. Got an evic VT but I still need to deliver on my end thanks to usps. The guy I traded with has been understanding, so far. But I can't expect him to wait forever. And that mod is basically irreplaceable.
I feel I'm a respected member of the community, and developed a good rep here, I'd hate for usps to ruin it for me.
I believe in the vaping community here and feel I earned my keep. Regardless, fuck usps at this point!

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the good wishes. I traded a pinoy mechanical mod I've only ever seen once (online) other than the one I owned and a lemo (replaceable) but that mech was very rare. Got an evic VT but I still need to deliver on my end thanks to usps. The guy I traded with has been understanding, so far. But I can't expect him to wait forever. And that mod is basically irreplaceable.
I feel I'm a respected member of the community, and developed a good rep here, I'd hate for usps to ruin it for me.
I believe in the vaping community here and feel I earned my keep. Regardless, fuck usps at this point!
Don't worry about your rep man, you are going way beyond what most people would have done. Shit happens, hopefully I get it, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry about your rep man, you are going way beyond what most people would have done. Shit happens, hopefully I get it, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.
I'll make it right regardless. But, I hope it's just a sorting error and it comes. It's a great mechanical, like I said rare as ever. But you won't be left hanging regardless.
I love vaping, love the community it carries, trust I won't let this go. Whether, I send you back the mod, give you the claim money, or you get the mod (preferred option) I'll be sure you're not left hanging man! Still at this point fuck usps, when I pay for 2 day priority, that's what I should get! I appreciate your patience during this can't stress that enough!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently had a package get "stalled" at a post office like that,(sat in the Chattanooga PO) got it 2 days late. The expected delivery date never got updated.
I have stuff come through the Chattanooga po /hub all the time. Matter of fact I have two coming through as we speak....@Markw4mms have you ever had any go to Knoxville then Chattanooga?

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, but I knew something wasn't right with it showing in Chattanooga for over two days. I had ordered some juice from Slim's and thought it would be here pretty fast coming from TN. I ordered some juice from Yeti a day later, and it made it to GA a day faster from NY than the order from TN. Gotta love the USPS!:confused:

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh yes I love em

"War,war never changes

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of the USPS, I had a shipment from China arrive in NY, came to Atlanta, and then got sent to Blairsville,GA (at least 100 miles NE of me) for some reason, then back to Atlanta before making it to Bremen finally.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now that's weird.

"War,war never changes

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now that's weird.

"War,war never changes

I guess someone in Atl PO had a few too many the night before, and chunked my package on the wrong truck.. both towns started with the letter "B" so, I guess the carts could have been next to each other.:oops:

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess someone in Atl PO had a few too many the night before, and chunked my package on the wrong truck.. both towns started with the letter "B" so, I guess the carts could have been next to each other.:oops:
I was thinking about that.... It's a strong possibility that's what happened.... I mean this is GA

"War,war never changes

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a package held up in Philly as we speak. 2 sets of new batteries for my new mod. Arrival date is supposed to be today in South Dakota.. Riiiiiiight, don't think that's happening unless it was a scanning error.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got a package held up in Philly as we speak. 2 sets of new batteries for my new mod. Arrival date is supposed to be today in South Dakota.. Riiiiiiight, don't think that's happening unless it was a scanning error.
Once I had a package that was never updated threw out the whole transit. It that it was in California the whole time until the moment it hit my mailbox in Texas

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once I had a package that was never updated threw out the whole transit. It that it was in California the whole time until the moment it hit my mailbox in Texas
Yea that has happened to me several times...... It left is all I know and then boom its in the mail box (2 days past delivery date)

"War,war never changes

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny thing as I m bad mouthing USPS .....my stuff arrives .....looks like its mixing day at work

"War,war never changes

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had the same thing happen with a package out of California... no movement at all past the PO there, and boom, in my mailbox!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had that happen a few times as well, but with our sorting facility in South Dakota they are usually pretty spot on, I'm not too worried about it. Its when it goes through Fargo, ND eh, is when things don't like to updated until AFTER I have already received my package.

I have a bunch of batteries but with a new mod I convinced myself I needed new ones of course :) Plenty of good batteries to hold me over until the new ones arrive!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got batteries scheduled for delivery today. I'm guessing you had a order with Liion Batteries since they ship through Philly. They're my battery supplier. Good people!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got batteries scheduled for delivery today. I'm guessing you had a order with Liion Batteries since they ship through Philly. They're my battery supplier. Good people!

Yup exactly, great supplier and excellent pricetags! Vaping hasn't exactly taken off in my small town of 25,000 people but the few people I know that vape that's where I tell them to buy batteries from.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup exactly, great supplier and excellent pricetags! Vaping hasn't exactly taken off in my small town of 25,000 people but the few people I know that vape that's where I tell them to buy batteries from.
I got 4 VTC-4 coming my way for my Ijoy A160 mod.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool cool, I went with 4 Samsung 25Rs for the IPV3 Li that should be here tomorrow. I don't own any of those ones yet so I figured what the hell might as well try something different, will add some more color to the rest of my greens and purples :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
May the vape be with you

"War,war never changes

I've had the evic VT since the 29th,other member just got his package delivered. Haven't played with it that much but ni200, I'm not a fan of. It's a pita to learn to build with, I started with compressed coils (with kanthal not nickel, way back when) I've been trying to wrap with spaces in between, not pretty. Just got some advice to wrap like a micro/macro coil and then pull it apart, so that's my next build. Also think I'm going to get some TI to try that out.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You bought the asholo? Or a different mod?
No, I won the Ijoy A160 in a give away here on VU! Had it about a week now.... pretty good little mod. Pretty small for 160 watts, but I like it!
ETA: It was a give away by Efun.top, not Ijoy.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, I won the Ijoy A160 in a give away here on VU! Had it about a week now.... pretty good little mod. Pretty small for 160 watts, but I like it!
ETA: It was a give away by Efun.top, not Ijoy.
That's a good win man!

VU Sponsors