Nevada

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If you search for bad things, all you’ll find is bad things.

Why don’t you try also looking up the positive studies as well and those which might offer alternative conclusions and results to fucking news stories....you know balance out your posts on this forum to date, because you “might” vape but you sure as shit have some questionable biases in you post history so far

Don’t come crying when the pitchforks start coming out...

Edit...I’m not a close minded user of vaping, it’s not 100% harm reduction, no one said it was ....but come on try balancing it out and look into both sides of the same coin before loading up our site with just negative vaping search queues

Last edited:

murmeldeier

Member For 3 Years
Ok ... I understand. I (we ongly) thought that negative studies were also of some interest and could be discussed.
You’re right, unfortunately I have posted more negative stories than positive ones and that’s perhaps/certainly because I am easily scarried by what’s negative and also because I am far to be a scientist.

I understood the lesson and will not do it in the future. Sorry for that.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok ... I understand. I (we ongly) thought that negative studies were also of some interest and could be discussed.
You’re right, unfortunately I have posted more negative stories than positive ones and that’s perhaps/certainly because I am easily scarried by what’s negative and also because I am far to be a scientist.

I understood the lesson and will not do it in the future. Sorry for that.

Nothing wrong in posting negative studies too ...not what I’m saying, for your own sanity and credibility here look up both sides of the argument because there are always two sides ...look who funded the study as well, what thier sample data was etc etc to determine what their motive is for it being published .....it’s easy to land on a negative conclusion if you search for that negative perspective only

Vaping probably won’t fix cells that have already mutated through smoking but you can certainly also look for studies supporting further harm reduction in cell mutation ...that info is definately out there

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I know this is a « little » study with a « little » sample but may I kindly ask you what you think about that ?

https://eu.rgj.com/story/news/2018/...cer-causing-chemicals-lungs-study/1015582002/

Thanks a lot and have a nice Sunday !

First let me start by saying that the writer Benjamin Spillman has an obvious bias against vaping.

But I think the science is probably all true.
But notice the amount of "chemicals" goes unmentioned.

Also one of the scientists goes as far as saying:
"It is cleaner than conventional cigarettes, but it is still not completely clean," Khlystov said.

Which leads me to believe that they found trace amounts of "chemicals"

I would imagine that food leaves cancer causing chemicals in the stomach as well as the intestinal tract.
I also would imagine that regular air leaves cancer causing chemicals in the lungs.

The moral of the story: NOTHING is "completely clean"

also, thanks for posting.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Not going to bash you at all but if you really want to be afraid of something look at the chemicals in food, cleaning products, your hygiene products and work from there. Vaping is the least of your concerns in relation to how much cancer and death is caused by those versus vaping. Baby Powder is worse for you than vaping and has killed far more people and caused much more cancer. True story.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not going to bash you at all but if you really want to be afraid of something look at the chemicals in food, cleaning products, your hygiene products and work from there. Vaping is the least of your concerns in relation to how much cancer and death is caused by those versus vaping. Baby Powder is worse for you than vaping and has killed far more people and caused much more cancer. True story.
Very true story, with actual scientific evidence.

murmeldeier

Member For 3 Years
I am not sure they pushed the power at this level as they asked "real" vapers to use their own devices but this is most probably true that the levels they found were below those produced by "classical" cigarettes.
Unfortunately and as stated above, I am not a scientist and do not at all understand the figures in the report.

http://www.mdpi.com/2305-6304/6/3/46/pdf

You're also totally right about all the chemicals present in a lot of products we are using daily ...

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I am not sure they pushed the power at this level as they asked "real" vapers to use their own devices but this is most probably true that the levels they found were below those produced by "classical" cigarettes.
Unfortunately and as stated above, I am not a scientist and do not at all understand the figures in the report.

http://www.mdpi.com/2305-6304/6/3/46/pdf

You're also totally right about all the chemicals present in a lot of products we are using daily ...

The moral of that study is dont use Big Tobacco POD devices and dont dry hit your RTA.

VU Sponsors