Become a Patron!

New ‘low-nicotine’ cigarette could help smokers kick habit

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of the bad, none of the good! Guaranteed to convince you that real cigarettes are a godsend!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
if they take the nicotine out and nobody quits smoking then they will have to admit to the public that the ANTZ lied all along and it wasn't nicotine that makes smokers addicted to cigarettes.
Then maybe some class action lawsuits could be brought upon big pharma for selling nicotine to cure "smoking" and all the governments stop smoking services, orgs and tobacco control for lying to the public about the addictiveness of nicotine.
This could get interesting...

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like a ploy to further demonize nicotine as BT works to monopolize ecigs. Maybe they can come up with a low nic liquid that has all the chemicals they use in cigarettes too.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, every time I switched to lights or Ultra lights, I fucking smoked MORE then when I was smoking non filtered Camels. Keep em' hooked, even if they are Ultra Ultra lights.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, every time I switched to lights or Ultra lights, I fucking smoked MORE then when I was smoking non filtered Camels. Keep em' hooked, even if they are Ultra Ultra lights.
This better explains the point I was trying to convey. I smoked ultra lights a couple times, just long enough to increase my habit by 4-5 cigs a day. I'd invariably decide they sucked and after a couple packs (hopefully my wife didn't buy us a whole carton), go back to my regular packs, usually keeping the extra 4-5 I'd added to my routine.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait, wasn't there a brand of step down cigarettes a long time ago?
The filter device that punched holes in the filters.. you cut back you put another set of holes int he filters etc.
Had a friend that tried it, he was livid because he could not get a decent draw from them after the first set.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really not so much the nic that is not the addictive problem. It is all the other chemicals that is the addictive problem. When I quit and have seen many others no matter how much nic you would give them they still had withdraws after a few weeks or so then the nic helped a lot.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Still inhaling burning leaves.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if they take the nicotine out and nobody quits smoking then they will have to admit to the public that the ANTZ lied all along and it wasn't nicotine that makes smokers addicted to cigarettes.

Well, there's truth to that. I think some people are addicted to nicotine, some to the habit and some to both. I am way more addicted to the habit than the nicotine.

Three's no way nicotine isn't addictive to some degree because everything that a person does that gives them pleasure is addictive. Food is not exempt, for instance. Some people are addicted to chewing gum. Some people are addicted to the high of running or other aerobic activity. Some people are sex addicts.

Look at vapers who were ex-smokers. They use nicotine juice. Why? Because they need it. If they didn't there would be no need for nicotine juice. 0 nic would be all that would need to be sold.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors