InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to see another user posting this, here are a few more details from CASAA:

Two identical bills, SB 539 and HB 1432, have been introduced in the Indiana Legislature that threaten to overregulate the manufacturing of e-liquid products. These bills would prohibit the sale of any e-liquid product -- including those manufactured outside the state -- unless it is produced by a company that has procured a manufacturer’s license from the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission (ACT). Not only does this license cost $5,000, but the conditions that must be met to receive the license are unrealistic and present a substantial barrier for small businesses throughout Indiana. Ultimately, these bills will severely limit consumer access to the variety of e-liquid manufactured outside the state and potentially shut down retailers and manufacturers in Indiana.

http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/wri...seM883iVKcseGEQZA7SevGm0GJH2vQZx_8E5HKAM&lp=0

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Who proposed this monstrosity?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vote them all out of office. But just wondering how they intend to stop it arriving by vape mail?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good thing for the "Black Market". Then the state can start a "War on Vape" those are always a good ideal.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I emailed about 30 shops throughout the state to make sure they were aware and several have responded that it is on the radar of the state's shops.

They are having a big meeting in downtown Indy this Sunday to try to organize something. Not sure that I'll be able to attend because of my disability and the fact that I can't drive, but I'll be sure to post the details about the meeting as soon as I have it.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok folks, here info that one of the stores sent me regarding the meeting on Sunday so spread the word.

Sunday, January 25th at 3 PM
Antelope Club
615 North Delaware
Indianapolis

Talk about advocacy strategies and the possibility of hiring a lobbyist, as well as to educate all manufacturers, retailers, and consumers in attendance about why the bills in Indiana need to be stopped. Evan McMahon, who has a lot of experience in Indiana politics, is organizing this meeting. He can be contacted at [email protected] or (317) 345-5423.

Even though this may be a hike for many vendors, I strongly urge you to attend. Bills can move very fast and we need to immediately organize a statewide effort if we want to shut down these bills, especially the manufacturing bill.

You, your employees, and your own customers should be contacting their Indiana State House and Senate representatives. However, there are three other people that should be contacted and informed of how the vapor product manufacturing bills (SB 539 and HB 1432), as well as any bills to tax vaping or restrict usage, should be opposed as Big Government, anti-small business plans.

Governor Mike Pence -- 317-232-4567
Speaker of House Rep. Brian C. Bosma (R - Indianapolis) -- (317) 232-9677
Senate Floor Leader Brandt Hershman (R - Buck Creek) -- (317) 232-9400 (Note: Hershman is a sponsor of the Senate e-cig tax bill, so he needs to be respectfully told that neither the manufacturing plan nor his tax plan are sound or popular ideas)

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For those not in the know, Mike Pence thinks he would make a great Republican President. And since we are only first in water pollution we need something else to be first in. And Winston Cup wants to run the Indy 500 ;p

For those not in the know, Mike Pence thinks he would make a great Republican President. And since we are only first in water pollution we need something else to be first in. And Winston Cup wants to run the Indy 500 ;p
You mean republicans are less reputable than democrats? Wait, they like personal freedoms yet they sponsored this bill? Everyone in the Other party does what now? Yet neither of them stand for anything? Man I'm so confused by which side of the political dick to be raped by lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pitch forks, torches, tar, feathers and a rail.

I would be way tempted to address the panelists with a snappy roman salute with a "heil hitler!" then explain their neo fascist, neo nazi regulations stink worse than a marxist. would not help us at all.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean republicans are less reputable than democrats? Wait, they like personal freedoms yet they sponsored this bill? Everyone in the Other party does what now? Yet neither of them stand for anything? Man I'm so confused by which side of the political dick to be raped by lol.
RINO

I don't know what RINO means. Pardon my ignorance. I also have "insufficient credentials" to post in the welcome forums on here. And can someone help me turn my avatar so I'm not bent sideways? Lol. I'm just a vaper that used to be a smoker tryin to get some love

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sent the vendors meeting last Sunday some info related to Inter-State commerce laws being under Federal domain, so hopefully they will be able to get some traction with that.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what RINO means. Pardon my ignorance. I also have "insufficient credentials" to post in the welcome forums on here. And can someone help me turn my avatar so I'm not bent sideways? Lol. I'm just a vaper that used to be a smoker tryin to get some love
RINO = Someone who runs for and/or holds office with an "R" next to their name that does the exact opposite of what the rest of us with "R"s next to our name believe in and want them to do. "Republican In Name Only"...

Insufficient credentials? Credentials? We don need no stinking credentials to post here... Did you reply to the confirmation email?

I'm no stinking help with the pictures... Welcome to the forum...

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya.. Ban e-cigs but pass out free condoms to 6th graders :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification on RINO MD. Fuckers passed that shit 6-4. Of the 10 people involved James Meritt was the only one decent enough to reply to my email with a form letter at least.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I think that the appropriate thing to say here is...

tumblr_mqhshzedL31qk1ak9o1_400.gif

ahlehsunlee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have an updated link to keep up on all of this? our local shop is talking about going to IL.

VU Sponsors