Become a Patron!

New build concerned about blowing my face up

So I recently built a new dual coil build for my indestructible rda from Jaybo and I put it on my itaste kroma 75w it's ohms at .47 and volt at 4 should I be concerned about it blowing up? I'm not new to rda but I always had my local vape shop build my coils I used 26G static wire and about 7 wraps please help me I really wanna vape on it but I'm scared haha

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I make my own juice and use rayon for wicks, sorry....can't help in that dept.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Some people build and vape as low as 0.09 ohms, others don't sub ohm and vape at 1.0-2.0 ohms. None of them has blown up just yet. Watch some videos or read some guides about coil building etc.

I really don't understand why vape stores sell rebuildables to new vapers, with the tendency of them returning to have the coils built, or not giving at least some guidance. Anyways as others mentioned, you'll be fine at 0.45 ohms as long as you don't try running that at 350 watts with a shitty battery :D

I use kendo cotton gold edition, switched from cotton bacon since I had to rewick more often, and in my personal opinion it just didn't give me the same amazing flavor kendo does. But just like juices its different for everybody, just because we like something, doesn't mean you would feel the same or get the same experience.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually it depends on what battery you use, which I haven't seen anyone mention. If you're using Efest crap, stay over 1 ohm. :D If you're using an authentic Samsung, LG, or Sony battery that's rated at 20A or higher CDR, then you have nothing to worry about -- at .47 ohms, you could set that mod all the way to 75w and only be pulling 12.63 amps -- with a 20A battery, that's plenty of headroom.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some people build and vape as low as 0.09 ohms, others don't sub ohm and vape at 1.0-2.0 ohms. None of them has blown up just yet. Watch some videos or read some guides about coil building etc.

I really don't understand why vape stores sell rebuildables to new vapers, with the tendency of them returning to have the coils built, or not giving at least some guidance. Anyways as others mentioned, you'll be fine at 0.45 ohms as long as you don't try running that at 350 watts with a shitty battery :D

I use kendo cotton gold edition, switched from cotton bacon since I had to rewick more often, and in my personal opinion it just didn't give me the same amazing flavor kendo does. But just like juices its different for everybody, just because we like something, doesn't mean you would feel the same or get the same experience.
Well if a vape store sells rebuildables to new vapers to purposely have these new vapers come back just because it's easy that way to rake in more money, then I can see how that would be questionable. But when I walked into a vape store for the first time I had never had even a single puff of vapor before. I had watched a relative of mine vape on his RDA and he had explained a tiny little bit about it... nothing more. So one day I simply decided to go to the same vape store he got his stuff from, walked in, and walked out again being an ex smoker with the same mod and RDA as him. I didn't actually even have the intention of becoming an ex smoker until I found out for real what vaping is. My only regret is I had been stupid enough to not have walked in there much sooner. I've lost count of how many atomizers I have now. But each and every last one of them is an RDA, and they're all authentic ones. And I have been building advanced coil builds all the way from scratch since 4 weeks after I started vaping. Bottom line, who the fuck needs vape stores that refuse to sell quality rebuildables to new vapers simply because it takes too much time and effort to guide new vapers. I say screw 'em.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like everyone said...you are totally fine with that setup. Once you start building really low or cranking up wattage, that's when the knowledge of ohms law and battery safety come into effect.

The big part of your setup is the built in battery. I believe the mod you have (I taste kroma) has a built in 2200mah battery and its rated 27.5 amps. I would not recommend building below .20 ohms just to be sure. This would give you a roughly 6 amps of head room.

The .47 ohm build is safe and if it's a good satisfying vape...no reason to go way low!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors