Become a Patron!

New guy, been at it for about 2 months

Keelay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I quit smoking about 2 months ago when I got my little 50w iStick and second hand Atlantis tank. I've been just trying flavors, and experimenting with coil builds in a tobeco turbine RDA. 50 watts got old quick, and I just went unregulated series with an el diablo Lucifer and el diablo succubus. First coil build is at .2 pushing 352 watts. Single strand 22ga wrapped 8 times times two. Waiting on new wire shipment for further builds. I'm more of a flavor guy, but clouds are nice too. I just can't hit this box over about 3 seconds. It kicks like a mule. I suspect it'll calm once this juice steeps a little more.IMG_20151213_183712.jpg

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Lots of good people and information here! :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Do you mean 35.2 watts?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to vu!

Keelay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU
Do you mean 35.2 watts?
Nope. 352.8
8.4 volts, assuming full charge
.2 ohm coil resistance
Should be pulling right at 42 amps, in the safe pulse range of the 25r considering at my best I can only fire it 4 seconds max.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope. 352.8
8.4 volts, assuming full charge
.2 ohm coil resistance
Should be pulling right at 42 amps, in the safe pulse range of the 25r considering at my best I can only fire it 4 seconds max.
25r's are 35amp peak also when you do pulse over the 22amp continues limt it needs a cool down time of like 4-5 mins between. What your doing is very unsafe plzz buy vtc4's or 5's

Keelay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While I can always learn more, I've been a heat stress engineer for going on 8 years. That entails a lot of wiring with 480vac and 80vdc. Also have a firm concept resistance and heat propagation.
With that being said, I'm ready to learn as much as I can.

Keelay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
25r's are 35amp peak also when you do pulse over the 22amp continues limt it needs a cool down time of like 4-5 mins between. What your doing is very unsafe plzz buy vtc4's or 5's
The sheets I found from Samsung were saying that 40amp pulse under 6 seconds is the limit. I saw that a few other places as well. I've not noticed any worrisome heat coming from the batteries.....??? I figured 42 amp would be fine so long as I'm not hitting it like a train.
http://batterybro.com/products/samsung-inr18650-25r
It's also been my assumption that Sony was no longer making those. From what I've read that came straight from Sony. I couldn't find them from ANY reputable dealer that weren't on backorder, and that made sense to me since they aren't being made. Of course they'd be backordered.

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The sheets I found from Samsung were saying that 40amp pulse under 6 seconds is the limit. I saw that a few other places as well. I've not noticed any worrisome heat coming from the batteries.....??? I figured 42 amp would be fine so long as I'm not hitting it like a train.
Ohh I see what your doing when you use 2 battery's it doesn't dubble your volts nor your amps. It actually stays the same because your useing them in series. Well even in parallel it would do more or less the same. I had the same problem a couple months ago and someone explained it to me. I can't really explain it well enuff so hopefully someone else will chime in.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your build is actually running 4.2 volts on 0.2 ohms and that puts you at 21amps and 81watts so your all good!

Keelay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your build is actually running 4.2 volts on 0.2 ohms and that puts you at 21amps and 81watts so your all good!
Series box. When you run in series your voltage is added, while amperage remains the same. In parallel your amperage is added (well in a perfect world it is, not so much in practice, but close enough), while your voltage remains the same. So building a 2 battery series box you build for the safe pulse limit ( I shot for 40 amps, but just over built the coils by a fuzz) of what a single battery is. 40 is safe on a 25r for up to 5 seconds. When building a parallel box, you build to the cumulative amperage, which a safe 5 second pulse would be 80 amps, in theory. In practice I'd probably tone it down to about 70. Remember in parallel one battery is gonna take more load than the other.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors