Become a Patron!

New here need help deciding what to buy for me and my father

Corona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there guys, first of all thanks for this amazing website... I've been reading a lot but since I'm new I have so much doubts.
I want to buy a good starter kit for my father and a more nice one for myself. The problem is I don't have much money I would have a max of $80 for mine. Help me please...

Corona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok nice but with this battery would I be able to get another better tank in the future and use instead of the original one?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Describe what you mean by a better tank?.

The innokin is a pretty good tank from what i hear...The Aspire Nautilus and Kanger tanks are probably the most popular for basic tanks.

If you mean can you buy a kayfun or a taifun and put some crazy low ohm coil in it, then the answer is no....A good tank doesnt mean it has to be sub ohm with a ton of power however.

The mvp 2.0 is 11 watts which is more than enough to vape on the innokin tank or kanger protanks or even nautilus tanks keeping the ohms within 1.5 ohms or slightly less...The MVP is a great device so i cant say anything bad about it (i own the 20 watt version) but if youre just starting out thats a pretty decent start for the money.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The vv3 is more compact obviously but its the same amount of power..However the battery life is very short compared to the 2.0

I think its 800mah for the vv3 vs 2600 mah for the 2.0..So your looking at over double the time before needing recharged

And not sure if this matters to you or not (it doesnt me as of yet)but with the 2.0 you can charge your cell phone off of it.

As far as the kanger tank, i personally love them but the protank 2 (full size)has the breather holes built into the 510 connection that can restrict air flow a considerable amount..Not the end of the road though..Kanger sells different bases you can replace on the tank for a huge improvement in performance regarding air flow...They have a version 1 version 2 and a version 3 with the version 3 giving the most precise control and the best looks by far.

Search "Kanger V3 air flow control" and you will find what i mean.

Here is my protank 2 mini with the v3 air flow controller
20150209_141259.jpg

And this is my full size protank 2 i lost at work with the same v3 controller..*sigh*....click on pic for large image
20141227_080455.jpg

Last edited:

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Speaking of mount baker vapor...they have tons of juices and flavorings on sale right now. Found a coupon code applicable to your order there regardless of what you buy: BEEFCAKE11

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't wanna go against the other great options mentioned here, and in fairness, I've not yet shopped at Mt. Baker although I hear nothing but good.

That said, I've been very happy with VapeNW.com and these:
http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/istick-by-eleaf
And
http://vapenw.com/clearance/davide-bdc-glassomizer

The iStick will give you all day battery life, and a little room to grow.

The Davide will use either Kanger or Aspire replacement coils, and has a glass tank. No worrying about tank crackers. No free juice, though...

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At myvapor store you can get the kanger subtank mini with an istick 30 or 50 in your price. The 30 is about 75 the 50 85 with free shipping.

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi I have started the QUIT CIG KIT FOR 38.99. It has a 1000 MAH battery called the Leo Its rugged and its an authentic
Innokin, aspire ETS tank extra coil, charger, wall outlet, bottle of juice( have it your way) and a case. Its a good kit for any newbee
check out my site Link removed Vendor broke rules You must add the avl at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaping_jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how about a kanger tech evod II, it comes with two tanks and batteries 5 extra coils and a charger. i fond it to be perfect for me starting up and bought it for some of my smoking friends. I still use it when i need to be discrete.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would avoid the evods. The Kangertech Protank and Mini Protank are much better.
I only vape natural flavors and change coils often so the single coil is preferred as I can buy them for less than $1 each.
Both the MPV2 and the Istick 20 are great. I prefer an 18650 battery so the real Clouper Mini 30watt is my favorite.
As startups - these avoid the problems of cheap units that can be discouraging.

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would avoid the evods. The Kangertech Protank and Mini Protank are much better.
I only vape natural flavors and change coils often so the single coil is preferred as I can buy them for less than $1 each.
Both the MPV2 and the Istick 20 are great. I prefer an 18650 battery so the real Clouper Mini 30watt is my favorite.
As startups - these avoid the problems of cheap units that can be discouraging.
I am not sure what to tell you. It appears you are aware of what you like. What exactly is your question

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take a look at the Ego-One.

I just got the 1100mah for my Dad and he loves it! I think it's a great start for somebody looking to get into the hobby. Super easy and the battery life is pretty decent for someone NOT chain vaping.

P. S. I got my Mom the egrip, something else to consider maybe. Haven't received it yet so I can't comment on its performance.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the I stick 30w with an Atlantis tank and I love it. The 20w it's cheaper and still a good start but over time everyone always wants more

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Take a look at the Ego-One.

I just got the 1100mah for my Dad and he loves it! I think it's a great start for somebody looking to get into the hobby. Super easy and the battery life is pretty decent for someone NOT chain vaping.

P. S. I got my Mom the egrip, something else to consider maybe. Haven't received it yet so I can't comment on its performance.
The ego one is a great device. I just bought them for the shop and all but 3 have been sold. I need to buy more soon.
I bought the 2200 MAH. Where do you get your juice from

VU Sponsors