Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Didn't they just pass this exact same law federally last week?
Passing a state law that is already a federal law is a huge waste of time, resources, and taxpayers money.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, no. I'm sure BT is behind this. How will the vape industry survive?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Didn't they just pass this exact same law federally last week?
Passing a state law that is already a federal law is a huge waste of time, resources, and taxpayers money.

It's always been policy, The stricter of.

Every state will have one to match, or be stricter. Keep your eyes on California. They'll go completely insane, then demand federal be at least as strict.

Most new regulations we see implemented now. Are a direct result of California and their medicated electorate.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, no. I'm sure BT is behind this. How will the vape industry survive?
Black markets, and Columbia drug lords will pick up the slack. We're all good. Glad to see that you are so concerned with people's health and well being.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most people already use child proof caps don't they?
Only time I've not seen them was when ordering large bottles, like 120 or 240 ml, which had separate caps.

Personally though, the bottles I use for my personal DIY liquid dosn't have child proof caps. Before starting DIY, I had also bought some empty bottles without child proof caps so I could swap the bottle or cap when I bought eliquid.

On a side note, that 2nd statement kinda makes the law pointless.
There is no law preventing somebody from going to amazon or some other place and just buying regular dropper bottles and swapping the liquid. Thus eliminating any 'child safety' reasoning behind the law. At least it will help protect the seller from being sued though.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's always been policy, The stricter of.

Every state will have one to match, or be stricter. Keep your eyes on California. They'll go completely insane, then demand federal be at least as strict.

Most new regulations we see implemented now. Are a direct result of California and their medicated electorate.
You mean having to open an age verification app, scan a QR code on a bottle, then scan an ID card for the bottle to open is going too far?...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does that happen with cigarettes, cigars, and snuff?

VU Sponsors