Become a Patron!

New Kanger Drip Box

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is cheap enough for a squonker. It is a kangerr though. I hate the way the paint chips on their products and the way their mods always feel a little tinny - like tin not tiny, lol. Now I bought the Steam Crave squonker on sale at steamcrave

http://shop.steamcrave.com/squonkmod-1_p0885.html

This is a brilliant price for the quality of this mod. I have had no issues with it and it is a great all day vape. You do have get your own BF atomozer though. Again for me not an issue because I would rather choose the atty I like most.

The steamcrave flew under the radar evrywhere. It has not got a lot of love. When you compare the current price top a REO (yes the REO is better) it is less than 1/3 the price. I imagine Kanger will get more play because it is a kit. But I would buy the steamcrave now on sale.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks good and the price point seems right, but I have 2 issues that will likely keep me from trying one. 60w with something that can take dual coils seems a bit weak. I would have thought they could have squeezed out 75w. I'm also concerned that the tank is more than likely plastic. I think the wrong juice has a better chance of cracking a plastic tank than me dropping a pyrex one. To me that is also the biggest flaw of the Nebox. I guess a "perfect" all-in-one wold be pretty difficult to pull off while keeping the size and price right.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also concerned that the tank is more than likely plastic. I think the wrong juice has a better chance of cracking a plastic tank than me dropping a pyrex one. To me that is also the biggest flaw of the Nebox. I guess a "perfect" all-in-one wold be pretty difficult to pull off while keeping the size and price right.

This is a Squonk Mod, there is no tank, it's a plastic squeezer bottle housed inside the mod, and the bottles can be replaced too (or carry a few if you wanna switch flavors throughout the day)

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly guys the quality is not there. It is a plastic atty - well the deck is ss. The holes on the posts are tiny - horrible to build. It is not regulated - there is no screen.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly guys the quality is not there. It is a plastic atty - well the deck is ss. The holes on the posts are tiny - horrible to build. It is not regulated - there is no screen.
How can it not be regulated if it can be turned up to 60 watts?

I thought these were all on preorder - do you have one?

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
How can it not be regulated if it can be turned up to 60 watts?

I thought these were all on preorder - do you have one?
Kanger rep has expressed that this is not adjustable and is protected beyond 60 watts. They may change this since the device is still in the early stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger rep has expressed that this is not adjustable and is protected beyond 60 watts. They may change this since the device is still in the early stages.

One website said you can turn it up to 60 watts - it has to be regulated if that is the case. Unless they change it! I have no interest at all if it's unregulated, since I have Reos for that!

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
One website said you can turn it up to 60 watts - it has to be regulated if that is the case. Unless they change it! I have no interest at all if it's unregulated, since I have Reos for that!
I believe the site you read that from was confused by the marketing statement on the information Kanger provided. I do not like that Kanger hasn't given more exact information about it either.

There is more than one rep that has confirmed that it is not adjustable. I believe it is a mechanical style mod with a safety fuse. That's why they list up to 60 watts. They will offer prebuilt decks at set resistance and within their math they have decided 60 watts at .2 ohms is the deal. It doesn't add up, really. Kind of strange.

I am not making definite statements here, as they probably have enough time to make some adjustments before it ships. I was eager to preorder one until I read this stuff.

I am disappointed that they didn't design this better, as the form factor and looks are pretty good.

I guess it could be regulated at a set wattage or voltage output, but from what I have read that doesn't seem to be the case. We will know more once they start shipping I hope.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a closer look. It's one of those horrible "live look" formats but is a detailed overview...

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no way to regulate it. I've handled the mod already. I said it was junk and I stand by that.
Correct. According to the video it should be able to do 88 watts on a fully charged battery so there is some sort of regulation. Seems to be one of the many deal breakers about the device.

I myself have never understood the benefit of squonking beyond a novelty.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct. According to the video it should be able to do 88 watts on a fully charged battery so there is some sort of regulation. Seems to be one of the many deal breakers about the device.

I myself have never understood the benefit of squonking beyond a novelty.
I used to use Reos all the time, but I'm much more enamored with regulated boxes. I just don't understand the fascination with mech mods! So this is definitely a deal breaker :-(

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That review is bogus. The deck is terrible and that's why they have pre made decks, lol. The holes are just tiny. We never got a good vape out of it. Ther mod itself is typical kanger which aint that good either. I was not at all impressed. Sure it is cheap. It should be cheap. The steamcrave is double the price but is 4 times the quality. There will be a market for this. And that makes me sad.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That review is bogus. The deck is terrible and that's why they have pre made decks, lol. The holes are just tiny. We never got a good vape out of it. Ther mod itself is typical kanger which aint that good either. I was not at all impressed. Sure it is cheap. It should be cheap. The steamcrave is double the price but is 4 times the quality. There will be a market for this. And that makes me sad.
Kanger has really been fucking up lately. There foray into the world of high wattage and temp control was a massive fail and now this mess. They should stick to what they do best, pen mods and the Subox Kit.

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
No need to be sad. Hopefully the people that but this will be motivated to get something like it but better quality.

I watched the First Look video and have to admit that the mod looks very much like junk. The door for the bottle and the battery cap seem like a weak point.

This setup will probably be going for about $20 once it is available to the masses, and that's not a bad price for a disposable setup.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I dont get the obviously limited yet unregulated power out put. I mean, 60watts at .2ohms is like 3.4-3.5 volts. Does that mean it's limited to 3.5volt or "regulated to output 60watts. What watts would one get with say a 1ohm coil? 12watts (same volts as .2) or 17-12 ( Battery voltage).

I just ordered one. I'm using a steam crave squonk box right now. Im looking forward to seeing how this does.
The thing about the steam crave is its a battery killer. It just goes through one insanely fast
I saw a different review for the kanger. The reviewer said other bf attys can be used on it.
Im hoping I can put my velocity on it.
My steam crave only goes up to 60 watts. I usually use it in the 20-30 range.
So I have hopes the kanger will be alright for my use.

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
I just ordered one. I'm using a steam crave squonk box right now. Im looking forward to seeing how this does.
The thing about the steam crave is its a battery killer. It just goes through one insanely fast
I saw a different review for the kanger. The reviewer said other bf attys can be used on it.
So I have hopes this one will be alright.
Now you have me worried! I should be getting my SC Squonk Mod in the mail tomorrow. I was really looking forward to it. I have heard the battery life is short, but thought it was just noticeable. Your accounts make me think it's a lost cause.

As for the DripBox, I believe you can use whatever bottom fed atty you desire on it, and may perform better than the one supplied due to the extra volume in the bottom. That is evident in the reviews, wherein it takes quite a long press to get the juice to the wicks.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have hopes the kanger will be alright for my use.

Re battery life on the Steam Crave.... How long are you getting per battery?

For 20watts unregulated you would run a .8ohm or so coil. On my mechs and 25R batts, that gets me 1 battery change per day. Maybe a 2nd, on a heavy vaping day. I would expect about the same on the Kanger. As it appears to be a protected un-regulated mod.

Im horrible at math. If I run dual coils about 110 ohms battery gets sucked dry in about 3-4 hours. I chain vape, but still.
I just keep my battery charger on when I use the steam crave.
If I run a single coil I can get about 5-6 hours.
Even on other forums, everyone gets suck battery life out of the steam crave.

Its a great mod other than that.

One other thing about the S.C., the battery display is a bit hard to read. It looks like it shows nearly empty when it still has a ways to go, you will see.
My yellow batteries seem to last the longest.
Green ones don't, even brand new

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The steamcrave is like any dual regulated that I chain vape - 2-3 hours - sometimes less. I always carry spare batteries. But I cannot chain vape at work anyway so generally one set it gets me through the day. The Kbox with single battery will not be any better. I was a vaoping a 26650 mech this morning (day off) and it lasted 3 hours with a .3 ohm build ion a kennedy 24. I am now vaping a cuboid with an idestructible with a .15 build - it will last a few hours at most. I have four 26650 batteries, fourteen 18650 batteries and six 18350 batteries. So I am always okay, lol.

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
The steamcrave is like any dual regulated that I chain vape - 2-3 hours - sometimes less. I always carry spare batteries. But I cannot chain vape at work anyway so generally one set it gets me through the day. The Kbox with single battery will not be any better. I was a vaoping a 26650 mech this morning (day off) and it lasted 3 hours with a .3 ohm build ion a kennedy 24. I am now vaping a cuboid with an idestructible with a .15 build - it will last a few hours at most. I have four 26650 batteries, fourteen 18650 batteries and six 18350 batteries. So I am always okay, lol.
You sound like my setup, except no 26650s here. I typically have to swap batteries at night in my RX200 with a Crown, so it doesn't seem any worse than what I'm used to.

Djentleman9601

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From my situation I think this is great, I work in a machine workshop (I'm aloud to vape on the job) and I've always hated having to take a tank into work with me as I'm not getting the dripping expierence which I love, it would be Un practical having to to carry a mod and a bottle with me in my overalls, so this is opening a new door to me really!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Djentleman9601

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ebf8e9289d973ef680151089527846fa.jpg

Got it in the mail today, haven't put it down since. Only issue what I had to resolve with it was the barrel was stuck due to the o rings being a little bit too big. I put a pin through the air slots and used it as a lever and bobs ya uncle.

Feels so good in my hand absouloutley love it! Clouds aren't as good obviously compared to your high powered mods but hey its a 60w device. Using the factory made coils at the mo as I'm a lazy fucker, gona try a Clapton build later I think.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have one and it's pretty good it does need to have more power but definitely good for beginners of rdas and the squanker part is good for while driving bUT you go through mass amounts of juice using it so I mainly just drip it like a drippereal and use the tank to store my juice. And does have an amazing shape to fit your hand like a glove. Even though I'm upgrading to a nicer mod and have several rdas and rdtas I will always use this one as well

VU Sponsors