Become a Patron!

New level of mtl rta

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since nicotine caps hit canada my 35 mg salt nic is no longer available. Just trying a build right now. Here it is. I'm using 6mg nic. In a mini berserker mtl rta.

The build...
8 wraps of 24 gauge kanthal a1 at 2.5 ID

Ohm is .63 ohm running at 40 watts

Flavour is good .

Thoughts on this build????

20211214_162936.jpg20211214_163133.jpg20211214_163935.jpg

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A lot of coil mass there overall. Gonna b a hot vape.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your build looks great. mtl vaping is usually high ohm/low wattage, having said that, if what you are currently doing is working and you're enjoying it, that's all that matters at the 3nd of the day.

I rarely vape mtl so I'm definitely no expert on that subject, but I do have a Kayfun mtl tank I build at .89 - 1.1 ohm and 18 watts, a tank of juice will last me all day and it's a true mtl vape.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of coil mass there overall. Gonna b a hot vape.
It's not that warm. I am very surprised. It seems to be working very well. Generally mtl is a small intake to the mouth then to the lung just like a cig. The 40 watts is mainly focused on the high quick ramp up. This 6mg regular nic hits quite well.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to have to play with the wattage a bit. But overall not too bad of a vape. May try a 2.0 I'd with the same wrap of coil

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of people associate the way I build “MTL” RTAs like the Dwarv MTL RTA as MTL whew say that 5 times fast lol

Anyway, I generally build the Dwarv with 2.5mm 6/7 wrap 27 or 28g N80 and set wattage at 13w which is about .8ohm sometimes I wrap more and it ends up at 1 ohm

This is generally also my go to build for all Boro RBAs…

Thing is, I don’t do MTL… I do restricted DL… I don’t know how to MTL vapor haha, never smoked cigarettes

I also generally like the looser draw from 1.5-2.2mm… most MTLrs are 1.0mm air flow or lower

I also love mechs and RDAs at .08ohm, but I also restrict the air… guess I’m a Mech MtLr at 140w

Anyway, 26g is heavy, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your build… MTL (high ohms low wattage) is a bit of a misnomer, it’s a style of vaping where you draw and inhale a certain way to mimic actual smoking… mimic the warmth, the amount of vapor, and throat hit… all achievable at any wattage and any ohm…

The old schoolers of vaping had some of the shittiest gear and say MTL is high ohms and ultra low wattage… what they don’t allude to is that the gear they had to achieve that similarity was limited by the batteries they had and the 20w mods…

So it carried over even with the advancement of batteries and mods… build at high ohms and the wattage is low…

I mean shit, everyone believed the world was flat for millennia (some dummies still do lol) so MTL must be a certain way only.

Enjoy your vape, build it how ya like.

Now I’m sure some MTL purist will explain to me high ohms low wattage vs higher wattage lower ohms, the benefits et al. But it’s totally predicated on the devices MTL was limited to when they coined MTL to be a certain way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of people associate the way I build “MTL” RTAs like the Dwarv MTL RTA as MTL whew say that 5 times fast lol

Anyway, I generally build the Dwarv with 2.5mm 6/7 wrap 27 or 28g N80 and set wattage at 13w which is about .8ohm sometimes I wrap more and it ends up at 1 ohm

This is generally also my go to build for all Boro RBAs…

Thing is, I don’t do MTL… I do restricted DL… I don’t know how to MTL vapor haha, never smoked cigarettes

I also generally like the looser draw from 1.5-2.2mm… most MTLrs are 1.0mm air flow or lower

I also love mechs and RDAs at .08ohm, but I also restrict the air… guess I’m a Mech MtLr at 140w

Anyway, 26g is heavy, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your build… MTL (high ohms low wattage) is a bit of a misnomer, it’s a style of vaping where you draw and inhale a certain way to mimic actual smoking… mimic the warmth, the amount of vapor, and throat hit… all achievable at any wattage and any ohm…

The old schoolers of vaping had some of the shittiest gear and say MTL is high ohms and ultra low wattage… what they don’t allude to is that the gear they had to achieve that similarity was limited by the batteries they had and the 20w mods…

So it carried over even with the advancement of batteries and mods… build at high ohms and the wattage is low…

I mean shit, everyone believed the world was flat for millennia (some dummies still do lol) so MTL must be a certain way only.

Enjoy your vape, build it how ya like.

Now I’m sure some MTL purist will explain to me high ohms low wattage vs higher wattage lower ohms, the benefits et al. But it’s totally predicated on the devices MTL was limited to when they coined MTL to be a certain way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply. I generally built with 6 wraps at 2.0 mm I'd using 26 Guage n80 ran at .63 to .7 ohms. Generally vaping between 18 to 23 watts depending on the day running g 20 to 35 mg salt nic.

I had some 24 Guage kanthal laying around and though I would give it a go.

So far I am very impressed.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since nicotine caps hit canada my 35 mg salt nic is no longer available. Just trying a build right now. Here it is. I'm using 6mg nic. In a mini berserker mtl rta.

The build...
8 wraps of 24 gauge kanthal a1 at 2.5 ID

Ohm is .63 ohm running at 40 watts

Flavour is good .

Thoughts on this build????

View attachment 188710View attachment 188711View attachment 188712
I am currently mtl ing .64 ohms, but with 26g K instead of 24. 2.5mm id, 5 1/2 wraps. The big difference would be watts, I'm @ 27. One of my go to vapes with 6mg juice. Essentially the same thing as your build, but i like 26g with less wraps for less coil mass, allowing for lower wattage. Obviously nothing wrong either way, just throwin it out there.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use RDAs that are DL style vapes. Presently, the coils are all CAM made 24 awg Kanthal. Believe they are 6 wrap at 3 mm ID. They read 0.30 to 0.32 Ω. I use this type of setup on mechanical mods. It's not a hot vape, if I drop to 0.25 it starts vaping too hot for me. Yep, I'm a wuss I know. *chuckles* Anyway just another two cents fwiw.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
24 ga seems a bit much... I would stick to 26 ga (for that RTA) You might try to get some "MTL" simple clapton wire (single wire core with fine outer wire) Stick to 2.5 mm ID (2.0 seems too small) Also, experiment with how high you mount the coil (hard to judge from the photos... it would help to see a side view of the coil build before you put in the wick) Do you do a "dry burn" before wicking? It helps you find "hot spots" and get an even glow from the coil. Go easy... don't cook the coil, just use enough watts to see the glow (less than you will actually vape it)

VU Sponsors