Become a Patron!

New "old guy"

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a few months of vaping, and four decades of smoking, I am so happy to have made the switch! As someone who tried quitting analogs many times, I finally came to the realization that I simply enjoy smoking. As a long time smoker, I was also very aware of the damage that I was causing to myself. Nine weeks in, and I have absolutely no desire for a cigarette as vaping has met, and actually exceeded, all of my expectations. I only wish vaping had been around earlier, but I'll take whatever harm reduction I can get at this point.

I'm about ready to take the DIY route for my juices. I'm a long time home brewer and think I'll find similar satisfaction in making my own juices. I so appreciate having the incredible knowledge that these fora provide. I'm sure I won't be a huge contributor, but again, it's great to have this resource available.

SteveW

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
I agree about wishing vaping was around long time ago, but I just past my one year of no smokes and have no desire to go back,
I enjoy vaping:cool:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground and enjoy your stay. :)

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congratulations on your success.
Making your own juice is easy and rewarding, you'll like it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hope you enjoy the site.. lots of good stuff in the diy area to read..
any questions.. pop them up! :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on making the switch! I also smoked for 4 decades and couldn't believe how easy it was to switch. Once I discovered DIY I was totally hooked - there are some amazing recipes here, so be sure to check out the DIY forums!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Steve, from one old fart to another, you're doing great! I smoked for 35 years and made the switch 4 years ago. Stick with it, the beer only begins to taste better after a few months. I brew Belgians and other specialties like Kölsch, a blonde cold conditioned ale I fell in love with during my time in the service when I was stationed outside of Cologne. PM me if you want to chew the fat regarding DIY, or home brewing, I do both to save money, and because I just like making my own creations for vaping and imbibing.

queenrilly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi steve nice to 'meet' you! Great story, I love seeing older people quit. This summer I'm going to try to convert my dad to vaping. I'm kind of a juice junky and I just started, so I think in a few months I'll be dabbling in DIY as well.

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi steve nice to 'meet' you! Great story, I love seeing older people quit. This summer I'm going to try to convert my dad to vaping. I'm kind of a juice junky and I just started, so I think in a few months I'll be dabbling in DIY as well.
Well thank you. I think a big part of my success was having someone at a B&M steer me away from the typical starter kit and into a decent box mod and subtank. I'm not so sure I would have stuck with it if I'd bought the usual crappy clearo and ego battery. Maybe it was because of the initial investment, or maybe because I started with a satisfying vape. I'm not sure, but that might be something to consider for your dad.
The DIY thing is great as is the support on this forum. The initial investment will be paid for very quickly.
Thank you for your words of encouragement!!!

VU Sponsors