Become a Patron!

New RBA advice needed

KillaGT

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
We have tried various kayfun, russian clones & even fogger. Between leaking issues & inconsistently & etc I want to try a new rebuild able tank. Any suggestions even a good solid kayfun clone thanks

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a problem with anything that wasn't fixed by rebuilding it better. Sometimes it takes some practice.

bigbadthor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want consistency without the hassle on a drip-free build, try an Kanger Aerotank. I am a hardcore dripper (flavor junkie) and I love the Aerotank Mini. But, I have to agree with Jeremy up there, sometimes you have to finesse those tanks.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an EHPro Kayfun clone that works great… Actually I have 2 of them… Both work great..

Protanks are nice as well… For what they are I can't really complain about them at all.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Try the KFL from Angelcig.

No issues at all with mine.

But you do need to take the time to build them right like anything else.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Newest Fogger V4+ (If that's not the one you tried). It is extremely easy to build, designed for dual coil, 4 wicking channels and every single build I've done has worked great. No leaking (unless left on its side) or dry hits. Tanks can be tricky to get your wicking just right but I have found the Fogger V4+ is the easiest and most forgiving. I also think it provides superior airflow and flavor when compared to the other tanks you listed. Just my 2 cents...

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicking is more important for tanks than getting a perfect coil, let alone the tank itself.

Inconsistency is often the result of one side having more or less wick than the other. Dryness is often caused by cotton being in the coil too tight, and flooding often caused by the end of your wicks being too short or thin. Work on the wicking some more and you will be very happy with the tanks you have now.

Speaking of which, please post a picture of a build you have and people can chime in with some suggestions.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicking is more important for tanks than getting a perfect coil, let alone the tank itself.

Inconsistency is often the result of one side having more or less wick than the other. Dryness is often caused by cotton being in the coil too tight, and flooding often caused by the end of your wicks being too short or thin. Work on the wicking some more and you will be very happy with the tanks you have now.

Speaking of which, please post a picture of a build you have and people can chime in with some suggestions.
That.

I use that READYxWICK stuff. After just a bit of practice and refinement, it works really well and consistently. It's a whole lot more measurable than just ripping off a bit of fluff and trying to eyeball perfection into it, and it tastes LOADS better than silica/ekowool. Plus it lasts just about forever and cleans really easy too.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That too!

Wicking is the key to solving most problems.

As for as recommending great Kayfun clones that are
consistently updated, check out custommodcreation.com.
I've purchased several from them and have been totally satisfied with their quality
and customer service, They offer several colors and models to choose from.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A taifun gt is probably the most simple build imo.
i have a kayfun lite plus v2 and it so consistent.
I love my fogger v4 and kaiser (but they can be difficult builds)
My aqua, on the other hand, gives me fits! It get so hot and either leaks or gurgles.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was close to throwing my Kayfuns in the trash - never had leaking problems, but I would get random completely dry hits that would char my wicks and ruin my whole day. New coil, old coil - fresh wick, old - there was no rhyme or reason to it. Vaping all VG btw.

Went through many different coil builds and wicking materials and would still get them.
Finally came across a cotton nest build on the other forum and gave it a shot but with rayon: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/crxess/5974-building-kayfun-lite-nano-cotton-nest-pt1.html
(there's three parts to that link)

Haven't had a dry hit in weeks now.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I talked to an expert rda builder that could never get his kayfun right. I never tried one, but i totally love my taifun gt clone. It was so simple to build! I have a lot of cotton stuffed in there right now and occasionally, i will get very slight leak out of the air hole. No dry hits, i can chain vape and always get a ton of vapor. Single coil. The only thing i would love to see is a glass tank instead of plastic. Im thinking of buying another one, its my best performer!

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am with you, Taifun gt is a great tank, as long as I wick fairly tight and not to loose through coil it never floods

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Smoktech RSBT is not a clone, but it's pretty easy to set up and doesn't have leaking issues. I used this tank yesterday and today to try my first and second coil builds ever. The one negative is that the vapor production isn't as good as the Nautilus or Kanger Aerotank series, even at 15 watts compared to 10 - 11 watts with those clearomizers. However, +1 on using ReadyXWick for both efficiency and bringing out your juice's flavor.

smok_hibrid_2.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors