Become a Patron!

New Real Cost Commercial

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anybody seen this new Real Cost vaping commercial? They were going I about Formaldehyde and lung diseases that are not even true.

Formaldehyde was only produced if you vaped nickel coils in wattage mode to my knowledge, but if course they don't talk about misuse of vapes. Crap like this is what really infuriates me.

Now I wasn't able to find it online. If anybody can find and post it here, by all means, go ahead. It just makes me sick the lengths they will go to demonize vaping and I just really wanted to vent.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this crap?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This belongs the The Bad not Good forum...................

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know, I couldn't find it. I was just waiting for a moderator to come in so I could get it moved

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Has anybody seen this new Real Cost vaping commercial? They were going I about Formaldehyde and lung diseases that are not even true.

Formaldehyde was only produced if you vaped nickel coils in wattage mode to my knowledge, but if course they don't talk about misuse of vapes. Crap like this is what really infuriates me.

Now I wasn't able to find it online. If anybody can find and post it here, by all means, go ahead. It just makes me sick the lengths they will go to demonize vaping and I just really wanted to vent.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this crap?

But at what wattage did the nickel coils produce formaldehyde? The average person knows nothing about vaping, but will parrot this bullshit like it’s the truth with a T.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But at what wattage did the nickel coils produce formaldehyde? The average person knows nothing about vaping, but will parrot this bullshit like it’s the truth with a T.
I know and they don't mention what criteria are involved with these harmful effects or that most are not even traditional vaping devices and/or traditional eliquid. Most of this is caused by vaping temp control coils at higher wattages or making eliquid with unconventional materials. Slander being spouted at its best.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
All these commercials drive me nuts. The “truth” ones are so stupid and thick with irony, spouting out anything but the truth. These are anti tobacco organizations yet they actively campaign against the most successful way smokers have quit, by far not even close. It’s basically don’t smoke but only use methods we approve of. I also can’t stand all the anti addiction crap. I’m addicted to caffeine as much as I’m addicted to nicotine. Yet they talk as if being addicted to nicotine is something to be ashamed of and avoided at all costs. Why? These two substances are very similar and not particularly harmful to generally healthy people. I understand being addicted to anything isn’t ideal but they treat the two very differently and they shouldn’t. That’s if they are being honest and telling the “truth” which we all know is not their strong suit. Well that’s my soapbox speech of the day, not that it’s needed here, with y’all being the choir.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All these commercials drive me nuts. The “truth” ones are so stupid and thick with irony, spouting out anything but the truth. These are anti tobacco organizations yet they actively campaign against the most successful way smokers have quit, by far not even close. It’s basically don’t smoke but only use methods we approve of. I also can’t stand all the anti addiction crap. I’m addicted to caffeine as much as I’m addicted to nicotine. Yet they talk as if being addicted to nicotine is something to be ashamed of and avoided at all costs. Why? These two substances are very similar and not particularly harmful to generally healthy people. I understand being addicted to anything isn’t ideal but they treat the two very differently and they shouldn’t. That’s if they are being honest and telling the “truth” which we all know is not their strong suit. Well that’s my soapbox speech of the day, not that it’s needed here, with y’all being the choir.
Bring your soapbox anytime brother. You speak nothing but the truth, which is the problem here. All slander with very little truth behind it. It makes me sick that all of these lies are only to line politician pockets and damn the common man (and woman) to death with them trying to push us to smoke. And all for nothing more than money and population control.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If I correctly remember one study from a couple of years ago , they took just the coils and cranked them up to 14-1,600 F. The numbers might be off, but the fact was they were pushing the temp so damn much higher than any mod could possibly achieve.

The other question that has to be asked is how much formaldehyde did it produce? It's common practice for dubious science to just say xyz was found without letting the general public know that it was found in non-toxic amounts. Virtually everything is toxic in high enough amounts. Formaldehyde is found everywhere in our homes and workplaces but not in toxic levels. If the numbers are not given and/or that they are at toxic levels, then the claim is just bullshit.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If I correctly remember one study from a couple of years ago , they took just the coils and cranked them up to 14-1,600 F. The numbers might be off, but the fact was they were pushing the temp so damn much higher than any mod could possibly achieve.

The other question that has to be asked is how much formaldehyde did it produce? It's common practice for dubious science to just say xyz was found without letting the general public know that it was found in non-toxic amounts. Virtually everything is toxic in high enough amounts. Formaldehyde is found everywhere in our homes and workplaces but not in toxic levels. If the numbers are not given and/or that they are at toxic levels, then the claim is just bullshit.

I saw pics from a study where they were pumping nic vapor into mice tanks. It was one of the cruelest things I’ve seen done. It proved nothing since we metabolize nicotine differently than mice. Only 16 hundred degrees, huh?

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At high temps ejuice does produce some formaldehyde. Just far less than smoking.
Coil material does not matter.

Vaping is NOT totally safe just far safer than smoking.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just saw a new one on TV. wtf

cant even find it on youtube. Has some like 8th graders looking at their phones talking about the 'new gummi worms' and then they show that they're looking at ejuice on their phones.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

cant even find it on youtube. Has some like 8th graders looking at their phones talking about the 'new gummi worms' and then they show that they're looking at ejuice on their phones.

This why I’m glad I haven’t watched TV in a while. Yep, gummy stuff is attracting kids to the dark side of vaping. It’s getting really insane and surreal. I expect that people felt like this in the early 30’s with patently fake Nazi propaganda. The gov is going to look really bad from all this, way down the line.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is Sour Worms ejuice. Sheesh, can't they get anything right?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This why I’m glad I haven’t watched TV in a while. Yep, gummy stuff is attracting kids to the dark side of vaping. It’s getting really insane and surreal. I expect that people felt like this in the early 30’s with patently fake Nazi propaganda. The gov is going to look really bad from all this, way down the line.
TV sucks.
I watch a bit, old Scifi shows, old westerns, science and nature and some local news and weather. That is pretty much it.
I watch nor listen to ANY talking head shows be they daytime trash or political/news trash.
Might watch Jeopardy from time to time...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
TV sucks.
I watch a bit, old Scifi shows, old westerns, science and nature and some local news and weather. That is pretty much it.
I watch nor listen to ANY talking head shows be they daytime trash or political/news trash.
Might watch Jeopardy from time to time...

All the stuff you mentioned used to be in PBS years ago. I got Brit Box, which is pretty good. Plus, I know people on YT who upload good old movies. Check out Pizza Flix. A lot of good old stuff, even Westerns.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Report it as spam/misleading. It takes less than a minute and the Youtube Nazis will take it down if enough people report it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the stuff you mentioned used to be in PBS years ago. I got Brit Box, which is pretty good. Plus, I know people on YT who upload good old movies. Check out Pizza Flix. A lot of good old stuff, even Westerns.
I have netflix, and local TV with Grit and such on it.
Quit satellite about 10 years ago.
Like many things on PBS esp this old house stuff.
Satellite used to have better stuff on History channel and the DIY channels are now just decorating and other fake deadline generated drama shows.
Reality shows started out as reality then became drama soaps.
Like the ones where they make motorcycles and or fix cars and such.

TV is now 80% drama and emo trash.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen it. It's this one:

I was furious when I saw it

i like how comments are turned off. hmm, wonder why.<sarcasm>

isnt it amazing our tax dollars funds this trash propaganda?
instead of going to our health care system. why do i haveta wait 8 long hours at a NYC ER waiting room to finally be seen by a doctor...and my tax dollars instead of going to my health care, goes to #truth and #therealcost
infuriating isnt it?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors