Become a Patron!

New Study Provides Strong Empirical Support for New FDA Approach to Tobacco Product Regulation

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Nevertheless, the results do suggest that FDA safety standards related to the maximum allowable voltage or coil temperature may be warranted.
The correlation to voltage is really bad. You can't spec a "safe" vape by restricting voltage. I can build you a coil that will produce aldehydes at 3V, and one that won't at 6V.

Coil temperature is a much better indicator, but even that isn't ideal. PG/VG ratio and efficiency of wicking also play a big role.

In the end, what Dr. Siegel is unfortunately (and perhaps unknowingly) arguing for here is closed systems, where the manufacturer controls all the variables. :(

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The correlation to voltage is really bad. You can't spec a "safe" vape by restricting voltage. I can build you a coil that will produce aldehydes at 3V, and one that won't at 6V.

Coil temperature is a much better indicator, but even that isn't ideal. PG/VG ratio and efficiency of wicking also play a big role.

In the end, what Dr. Siegel is unfortunately (and perhaps unknowingly) arguing for here is closed systems, where the manufacturer controls all the variables. :(
I really like Dr. Siegel, one of the few who has stood up for good research and denounced the false claims of the anti-vaping big tobacco funded misleading "results" nonsense that's been published. Everything you said is true Rossum, we just need to educate these guys with the facts you state.

VU Sponsors