Become a Patron!

New To Adjustable Mods

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have been vaping the last 6 months with vape kits only. I started with a Kanger Subvod Kit with an included Toptank Nano tank. Then I bought a Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C with the 18650 battery. Then I bought the Kanger Subvod Mega Kit with the included Toptank Mini tank. Today I received a Tesla 80W mod and I am going to use this with my two Kanger tanks for now and use the 18650 battery I have in my AIO. The Toptank Nano & the Toptank Mini have interchangeable coils, I think. Right now I have 0.15 ohm Ni coils, 0.5 ohm Clapton coils and regular 0.5 ohm SSOCC coils. I'm assuming I can use all of these coils in both tanks. Is that right? For each of the 0.5 ohm coils what would be a good wattage to run them at? For the 0.15 Ni coil what would be a good temperature to use? Any more tips and tricks I should know? Thanks guys.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on your new Tesla. When it comes to "best" wattage, there is no one right answer. It will take a little trial and error. Start low, and work your way up until you find the sweet spot. Most coils have a recommended wattage stamped right on the coil, and that usually is a pretty good place to start. Make sure when using the Ni200 coil that you are in temp control mode. Might want to consider a newer tank that will compliment your new device, like a Smok Baby Beast, Tobeco Super Tank Mini, or a maybe a Joyetech Ultimo tank. All have a ton of coil options, and are reasonably priced. (BTW, I run my Ni200 coils at 450-480F depending on the mod.)

VU Sponsors