Become a Patron!

New to building, some help would be nice :)!

Hello, I've been looking around this forum for quite a time now and been googling alot too but I'm having a hard time to figure out what is safe to vape when building yourself

I've just gotten:
Limitless RTDA v2 Plus
Kanthal A1 0.30mm 28AWG/Gauge
Fiber Freaks Original Wick Density No1.

I will be using a iJoy Cuboid 150W

I'd like to vape at 70Watt but I have no idea what resistance to build to achieve that 70W. I think my batteries can draw 25 amps but I'd like to stay at/under 20amps just to be safe.

Thanks in advance! I've been looking for hours but can't seem to find my answers, any tips/help is welcome I'll be trying to build for the first time tomorrow :).

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, I've been looking around this forum for quite a time now and been googling alot too but I'm having a hard time to figure out what is safe to vape when building yourself

I've just gotten:
Limitless RTDA v2 Plus

I'd like to vape at 70Watt but I have no idea what resistance to build to achieve that 70W. I think my batteries can draw 25 amps but I'd like to stay at/under 20amps just to be safe.

Thanks in advance! I've been looking for hours but can't seem to find my answers, any tips/help is welcome I'll be trying to build for the first time tomorrow :).

28g? That's it?
You shouldn't have a problem hitting 70 watts
ec4fcb122b995cd419607e048c484f88.png

Based on the graph .25ohms with 16amps ur pretty safe brother...

Thanks alot for the quick reply! Having a dual coil build doesnt change anything right? Im pretty new to this so I didnt really know what gauge to pick either haha cheers man

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I have no clue on how many loops/wraps I have to make etc.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp
Check that out...
If you do a 6/7 wraps on a 3.0 inside diameter MACRO COIL IT SHOULD COME OUT AROUND .60 ohms
If you do a parallel coils, you take 2 wires together then wrap it 6/7 wraps on a 2.5 inside diameter it should ohm at .40-.50 ohms...
go check ytube vids, there's a lot of info there... be safe..

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I've just gotten:
Limitless RTDA v2 Plus

ohms law doens't apply to regulated mods really. if you are using good batteries you are fine. as in sony, samsung or LG. no efest awt enook or other rewrapps. which batteries do you have?

outside if that, the good thing with a regulated mod is you can build what you want then adjust your wattage for the vape you want. You are using regular 28G kenthal so you'll be fine with pretty much any build you make. the one thing is the voltage limit. If your resistance is too high you might hit your voltage limit. most of the dual batteries one's from joyetech are 6V IIRC i couldn't find it anywhere for sure though. so if your resistance is above .5 you might not get the full wattage you need. I'm not 100% sure on this though

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp
Check that out...
If you do a 6/7 wraps on a 3.0 inside diameter MACRO COIL IT SHOULD COME OUT AROUND .60 ohms
If you do a parallel coils, you take 2 wires together then wrap it 6/7 wraps on a 2.5 inside diameter it should ohm at .40-.50 ohms...
go check ytube vids, there's a lot of info there... be safe..

Consider this to be your builders bible.
dual coils mean you halve the resistance.. so 2x 1.0ohm coils = a 0.50 ohm build.
Just keep at it, it gets easier. Check the other links on that site.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Consider this to be your builders bible.
dual coils mean you halve the resistance.. so 2x 1.0ohm coils = a 0.50 ohm build.
Just keep at it, it gets easier. Check the other links on that site.

Ummmmm???

VU Sponsors