Become a Patron!

New to Community - Fucked Up Already

So I inherited a vape, and had a basic knowledge of how it works but generally didn’t fuck with any settings when I first got it. Well, I decided to try some new coils and wanted to change the wattage. Long story short, I ended up changing a shit ton of settings and now my vape tastes like ass and I’m getting a ton of dry hits but I don’t know what I’m doing.
It’s a Smok xCube2 mod with a TVF4 Sub-Ohm tank. I currently have it at 65W, 0.40ohms, 0.00520TCR, and 230°C.
Please let me know if I can provide anymore in formation I just want my juice to taste good again

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I inherited a vape, and had a basic knowledge of how it works but generally didn’t fuck with any settings when I first got it. Well, I decided to try some new coils and wanted to change the wattage. Long story short, I ended up changing a shit ton of settings and now my vape tastes like ass and I’m getting a ton of dry hits but I don’t know what I’m doing.
It’s a Smok xCube2 mod with a TVF4 Sub-Ohm tank. I currently have it at 65W, 0.40ohms, 0.00520TCR, and 230°C.
Please let me know if I can provide anymore in formation I just want my juice to taste good again

You try watching some vids?

I would keep it on Wattage mod and start at say 25W and go up..

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Tfv4 only has 1 tc coil. Take it back to wattage setting, that one coil will work in wattage, tho I doubt it is the coil you are using.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I use mine in Watt mode and generally use the lowest recommended wattage on the side of the Smok coil. Your preference may be different.

You can access the menu pressing the fire button three times and use the up/down button or short press the fire button to make it advance. To enter a menu long press the fire button.

Watt mode, 56.1 watts and soft (mode is option 2).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @blacklions97 and I hope you enjoy your stay~! As others said Great Thread title!

As far as I know that coil is not for TC and surprised the MOD doesn't kick you out into Wattage Mode. Not familiar with the MOD but I have a couple of Baby Beasts and use the X4 coils if that is what you are using. Good Luck

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I don't know jack about that mod but the title of your thread caught my attention big time

Welcome to VU :wave:
Same, just to find out its smok problem ..... Again! :bomb:

I wish smok's shit ass customer service and quality control department would pay us every time we have to trouble shoot their garbage, including dumb written user manuals. We would be millionaire. :blah:

The best title and description I've ever read... ever. What type of coil are you using? Sounds like the premade/drop in coil. I'm not sure you should be using that in temp control.
You're totally right.
Thanks to all for visiting my thread and help me realize that I was being an idiot :cheers:
My mod is now back in wattage mode, and that has definitely helped but I think all the time I spent on trying to figure it out by myself burnt the coil. So I'm going to put in a new coil later today and see if things are back to normal. :thanks:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're totally right.
Thanks to all for visiting my thread and help me realize that I was being an idiot :cheers:
My mod is now back in wattage mode, and that has definitely helped but I think all the time I spent on trying to figure it out by myself burnt the coil. So I'm going to put in a new coil later today and see if things are back to normal. :thanks:

You really don't think you're the only fuck up here, do you? ;)

VU Sponsors