Become a Patron!

New to DIY and need advice

Lawless_lou

Member For 1 Year
I'm new to diy, well semi new, only done it once before and I kept getting wierd tasting juice, I tried everything and couldn't figure out why. Well after wasting a 500ml bottle of VG I realized the PG I got had a funny taste to it, not sure if I got a bad batch or what, by the time I realized it was the PG I figured it was too late to contact nicotine river about it so I've been Leary on buying more supplies. I'm about to order some VG and PG from my freedom smokes but would like input on good places to order from

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to diy, well semi new, only done it once before and I kept getting wierd tasting juice, I tried everything and couldn't figure out why. Well after wasting a 500ml bottle of VG I realized the PG I got had a funny taste to it, not sure if I got a bad batch or what, by the time I realized it was the PG I figured it was too late to contact nicotine river about it so I've been Leary on buying more supplies. I'm about to order some VG and PG from my freedom smokes but would like input on good places to order from
I order VG from essential depot and PG from bull city favors. Never had an issue with either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Did you contact NR? I've used their pg and peg400 with no problems. You likely just got a bad bottle or old bottle. If you have a local feed store or tractor supply you can get USP approved pg there cheaply. Have also used ECX pg with no issues.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also, you should single flavor test. Even your VG, and PG so you know what they taste like, and if there's any off notes that you don't like. Just a few drops on your coil should be enough.

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
Did you contact NR? I've used their pg and peg400 with no problems. You likely just got a bad bottle or old bottle. If you have a local feed store or tractor supply you can get USP approved pg there cheaply. Have also used ECX pg with no issues.

Sorry to bother you.. same Letitia as ELR?? just dropped by and saw the.. "Dragon" and it looked familiar…. well on ELR it's a phoenix really, so it might not be you, I Apologize if it's not you.
XX Frank

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sorry to bother you.. same Letitia as ELR?? just dropped by and saw the.. "Dragon" and it looked familiar…. well on ELR it's a phoenix really, so it might not be you, I Apologize if it's not you.
XX Frank
Same Letitia. I get around a bit.

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
Innit nice to see you!!

I have been a member here for some years but never ever posted (Lurking) but now with you and Smoky (and probably others) I seem to find some good old friends of the other family around here.. So I'll drop by more often now! See you soon and thanks for answering (hope I didn't sound too cheeky)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Innit nice to see you!!

I have been a member here for some years but never ever posted (Lurking) but now with you and Smoky (and probably others) I seem to find some good old friends of the other family around here.. So I'll drop by more often now! See you soon and thanks for answering (hope I didn't sound too cheeky)
I like cheeky, no worries. Actually quite a few that cross the road to visit other forums. I'm Letitia at all of them, only use the 9 here because vu insisted, must be another Letitia here already.

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
But I recognized you straight away, (well the avatar and the mixing side of the forum was a dead giveaway :))

Neither do I, same all over and as you saw, I don't change the avatar neither!
Really nice to see you and if need any help.. (Don't think you do, but had to say it!) shout!

Now I'm working on an easy one, fisherman's friend lozenges.. just a small doubt about the capsaicin..o_O;)

Lawless_lou

Member For 1 Year
I didn't bother contacting them because it had been a few months since I had bought it and I figured there wasn't much they could or would do. I assume it may have just been a bad batch because nobody else has seem to have it happen that one talked to

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I recognized you straight away, (well the avatar and the mixing side of the forum was a dead giveaway :))

Neither do I, same all over and as you saw, I don't change the avatar neither!
Really nice to see you and if need any help.. (Don't think you do, but had to say it!) shout!

Now I'm working on an easy one, fisherman's friend lozenges.. just a small doubt about the capsaicin..o_O;)
wait you want to vape fisherman's friend

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
I actually made the recipe, and it works, but it came out more of a strong (but good) balsamic lozenge rather than a FF , I'll have to try a stronger liquorice layer, I'll keep the sweet liquorice by MOB (gave it a very creamy taste) and see with the FA and/or the FLV both on my vape mail.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I can only stomach half of a fisherman’s friend and ONLY when nothing else will cure what is ailing me. HAha

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
:giggle: Just think that I also added crystals to it.. but it definitely leaves your mouth fresh.. and throat and nose, I went sooooo close..

VU Sponsors