Become a Patron!

New to Rebuildable RDA MTL,need suggestions

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
Hello guys, I bought some months ago a Pioneer MTL tank and I am loving it. I have been vaping it with 1mm or 1.2 holes and love the tight draw it gives. I am vaping it with an alien clapton at 0.50 ohm at 12-15watts with 10mg nic salts eliquids.
Any suggestion for a RDA with this tight draw?
Thank you

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well nearly any slotted or "cyclops" styled RDA can be cranked down pretty well to get a tight DL hit. This isn't MTL as you seem to get w/ the RDTA, still you may like it. Might even suggest an old Velocity V2 style RDA, it can be dialed in tight. You could also try a NaRDA styled RDA.

Note too, I'm not saying the cyclops styled decks can get you 1 to 1.2 mm holes. These style of RDAs aren't exactly for that. Don't do MTL myself, only down to restricted DL. RDA are different from RDTA and you may need to adjust expectations/preferences just a bit. Not saying that nasty or anything, is what it is, is all.

@UncleRJ might know better regarding MTL RDA, & @dubya314 has suggested a few good ones.

Last edited:

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
i was looking for a low profile one... all this ones are pretty tall... id like to find a short one..mostly because of flavour... like the oumier wasp nano RDA as of tallness... i wish they made a mtl cap....this rda is soo good but it has pretty much no way to make the draw tighter

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NaRDA RDA are not tall at all and come with a very small hole for airflow. In fact a lot who use DL need to bore the hole out more.
NaRDA is only 31.8 mm tall. Based off what Fast Tech says. The newer cloned versions seem to have made the hole a little bigger, more like a cyclops style. You can probably crank it right down to near nothing.

If you're going to drip regular style then maybe the added 7mL juice well on the Dot Mod single RDA would suit. On the other hand if you're going to get into squonking even a humble 2 mL juice well would suffice. Wick can hold roughly 1 mL of juice in general.

The Dot Mod single coil RDA uses a similar cyclops style airflow. You get two 5 mm long holes you can dial in where you need. It is 22 mm diameter. Not seen a spec for the height yet. Obviously I don't got my grubby paws on it. *chuckles* My normal price range I pay for RDA falls to half the cost of this particular RDA, or lower. Yep, I do okay with $30 or less RDAs.

If you're looking for something like the Nano Wasp, get the Nano Wasp. It has the cyclops style air flow yes. That aside you can dial it in rather tight if you like. Believe I'm coming in at .5 mm on each side. I'm not sure that's 100% accurate but eye balling it, it's a very thin hole.

Besides you can get the authentic for just around $12 off of Fast Tech. I don't think you'd go too far wrong to get it and try. If not what you want you can always PIF, or trade out here on the forum. Got 3 Wasps myself and enjoy them. Not looking for more but wouldn't turn one away either.*chuckles* They're good RDAs.

Ah, here's the sinker. Wasps are only 27 mm tall & 22 mm diameter. :)

Let me add this disclaimer. All the above is my opinion and based on my four to five years of vaping. I'm not telling you what to do. Sorry, I just don't do that. You can do what you choose. I'll be happy no matter what. *chuckles* You're asking for advice/opinion, I'm just offering what little I have.

Last edited:

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
ill have a look at narda rda. i havent seen it in any shop here in spain. Well i actually do have an original wasp rda 22 mm and i do not like it at all... the cap doesnt really touch the posts and there is a gap so i cant restric the airflow at all basically... i ve had a very good experience with it until i switched to mtl... before i used fused claptons at 30W and the airflow was perfect.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ill have a look at narda rda. i havent seen it in any shop here in spain. Well i actually do have an original wasp rda 22 mm and i do not like it at all... the cap doesnt really touch the posts and there is a gap so i cant restric the airflow at all basically... i ve had a very good experience with it until i switched to mtl... before i used fused claptons at 30W and the airflow was perfect.

Hm. Just a possibility here, ... could you maybe have burred ends on your coil legs? I know sometimes when I use Ultem style caps on RDAs if I've got burred ends they can push the caps out away from the deck. You'd need to file, or cut down the burred ends to not go beyond the outer part of the posts.

I couldn't say you do or don't without looking at it in hand. *chuckles* Use your fingers but carefully check if the wire comes out beyond the deck itself. You'll feel it poke you if so.

Using metal based caps I run into what is called "dead shorts". This means the RDA will not fire. I have to go check for burrs on the ends, smooth them down until they don't poke the cap. In doing that I find it helps with being able to adjust airflow.

Hm, trying to do this in text to show an overhead view.

_'_
@
___
i

The @ is the coil in the center of the deck. You can see the comma and lower case I on the outside of the lines. That on the outside is what I'm meaning in saying burrs. There shouldn't be any of that. And no I'm not saying you got them, or not. It's not your fault if you do. File it under poop happens. *grin* We all have trouble at times.

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
i gave it a look and the problem was that i had the 510 pin a bit unscrewed because my mod dos not read the rda unless i do so. I then notused that if i unscrew the 510 a bit the whole post can move so it was not sitting as it is supposed to, and creating a gap between the cap and the post... too bad my evic vtc mini has the 510 a bit dead from screwing on it the kennedy 24 that has a tall post screw.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i gave it a look and the problem was that i had the 510 pin a bit unscrewed because my mod dos not read the rda unless i do so. I then notused that if i unscrew the 510 a bit the whole post can move so it was not sitting as it is supposed to, and creating a gap between the cap and the post...

Ah, got you. Have had that happen once or twice as well. Depending on the mod used a person might drop an RDA pin or raise it. Then, use the RDA on another mod without configuring the RDA again. Yep, easy enough to forget. *grin*

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
Yeah the problem with the wasp is that if you actually unscrew the 510... it loosens the post...
by the way is fastech reliable? When they say authentic it means it is for real...or ....
ahaha they even have a wasp clone for 5 euro.... xD funny

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I would trust Fast Tech. If it is marked authentic, you can figure it is authentic. If it is marked styled, it will be a clone.

Fast Tech is also really good about customer service. Understand though they are a wholesaler and not a OEM. This means they can ship out a replacement new item, give you credit back or on site. They will not do repair work.

But yes, Fast Tech is on the up and up. If they mark something authentic it is.

Before I forget we here in the U.S. have nick naked Fast Tech, Slow Tech, or Slow Boat. This is because it takes a while shipping stuff into the U.S. from China. That may be the case for Spain as well, or it may not. Just be aware that that is a possibility.

It's a trade off, low costs but slow shipping. If you need something today, buy local. If you want something and don't mind a wait, ...

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your on a budget the Berserker RDA. Or you could get a speed revolution clone. There are many clones of high end RDA's. I also like the vapefly galaxies RDA. You want a small chamber in a MTL RDA. Also all of the ones mentioned are 22mm or less

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vapefly galaxies RDTA can do restricted sub ohm to tight MTL so that's a good option too :)

VU Sponsors