Become a Patron!

new to try squonking

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i have a lot ov vapes and have been vaping for three years. i have heard a lot of talk of squonking and i am keen to try it. the closest i have come to it is using my ijoy bottom feeder with my gen vape. yes i know thats not squonking. i saw an aegis vape in the store that was a duel vape with a 10mls tank you could fit and up tp 100w. even jayhaze in his review gave it 7.5! anyway, what does squonking give me that my sub ohm vapes dont and which one should i get? if any.
cheers as i await the answer from the expert lady from above, and all of you,vapers.
thanks

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
what does squonking give me that my sub ohm vapes dont
You might find these helpful:

which one should i get?
And this:
Eleaf's Pico Squeeze is an older device that seems to have a lot of fans.

Others here surely have their favorites.

If you don't get a full kit but only a mod, you'll need an RDA with a squonking pin. Hellvape's Dead Rabbit RDAs https://www.hellvape.com/blog/the-d...d-rabbit-3-rda-and-dead-rabbit-v1/v2-rda.html are popular and there are plenty of others.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
You might find these helpful:

And this:
Eleaf's Pico Squeeze is an older device that seems to have a lot of fans.

Others here surely have their favorites.

If you don't get a full kit but only a mod, you'll need an RDA with a squonking pin. Hellvape's Dead Rabbit RDAs https://www.hellvape.com/blog/the-d...d-rabbit-3-rda-and-dead-rabbit-v1/v2-rda.html are popular and there are plenty of others.
thank you somuch, its nice to get feedback that helps.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've been contemplating this mod...maybe the kit if the price diff compels.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I had my eye on this but I think I have enough to last 25 years....
I have enough too. Probably the only reason I don't own it.
There's a great USA deal [$42] on it if its ever in stock, and won't last long.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Before you go to look for a specific device, give a think about whether you'd want regulated or mechanical. The market that's available to us in the States has changed so much lately, I don't even know what's available to buy any more. If it's the same where you are, you could always consider ordering from Fasttech, if they have a good selection of squonkers these days. I imagine FT orders would get to you quicker than they would to us.

My favorite regulated squonker is a Revenant/TVL Delta (the kit, if you can find it, because the RDA that comes with the kit is great), and mechanical I'd have to say the Asmodus Pumper with an Elder Dragon RDA.

What squonking gives you that your sub-ohm tanks don't? A lot. Up to a 10ml juice reservoir, so no more constant refilling, the ability to customize your vape with a variety of coils (just about any kind of coil you can buy or make), portability (the increased juice capacity will last most vapers most of the day, or many days, depending), and I have yet to come across a squonker that was as much of a juice hog as some RTAs or sub-ohm tanks I've tried. Flavor and vapor amount, of course, depend on your build and your setup parameters, and knowledge of how well or how poorly certain builds work with the battery you've chosen to pair them with. And lastly, mech squonkers for durability. Many of them are so simple that almost nothing will go wrong with them. No boards, very little wiring, no displays, all you have to do is keep them cleaned really well at contact points and make sure you use good batteries.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Before you go to look for a specific device, give a think about whether you'd want regulated or mechanical. The market that's available to us in the States has changed so much lately, I don't even know what's available to buy any more. If it's the same where you are, you could always consider ordering from Fasttech, if they have a good selection of squonkers these days. I imagine FT orders would get to you quicker than they would to us.

My favorite regulated squonker is a Revenant/TVL Delta (the kit, if you can find it, because the RDA that comes with the kit is great), and mechanical I'd have to say the Asmodus Pumper with an Elder Dragon RDA.

What squonking gives you that your sub-ohm tanks don't? A lot. Up to a 10ml juice reservoir, so no more constant refilling, the ability to customize your vape with a variety of coils (just about any kind of coil you can buy or make), portability (the increased juice capacity will last most vapers most of the day, or many days, depending), and I have yet to come across a squonker that was as much of a juice hog as some RTAs or sub-ohm tanks I've tried. Flavor and vapor amount, of course, depend on your build and your setup parameters, and knowledge of how well or how poorly certain builds work with the battery you've chosen to pair them with. And lastly, mech squonkers for durability. Many of them are so simple that almost nothing will go wrong with them. No boards, very little wiring, no displays, all you have to do is keep them cleaned really well at contact points and make sure you use good batteries.
thank you as i bow leaving a white rose at your feet

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you prefer a regulated device, the pico squeeze 2 is an inexpensive one to go with. They can use the 21700 or 18650 battery. I have 2 of these, and use them daily. Of course, I don't use the RDA that comes on them, although you can.

pimage_58755_1528280020.jpg

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
If you prefer a regulated device, the pico squeeze 2 is an inexpensive one to go with. They can use the 21700 or 18650 battery. I have 2 of these, and use them daily. Of course, I don't use the RDA that comes on them, although you can.

View attachment 189598
thank you. what is the best one i could get, cheers

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

so mech ones are the easiest ones?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
so mech ones are the easiest ones?

No, I wouldn't say that. Mechs are the most durable. There's going to be a learning process for you with either type, if you aren't experienced at building your own coils. "Easy" in what way? Mechs require more of your attention because there is no built-in safety monitoring. You have to learn more and be more careful with them, but this is true of mech devices in general, not just squonkers.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
No, I wouldn't say that. Mechs are the most durable. There's going to be a learning process for you with either type, if you aren't experienced at building your own coils. "Easy" in what way? Mechs require more of your attention because there is no built-in safety monitoring. You have to learn more and be more careful with them, but this is true of mech devices in general, not just squonkers.
its not fair, you are smart as well as beautifull.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what is your local store?

depending what you want

VW instant fire, no delay. For VW just works and does it right-dovpo topside

temperature control, there is a bunch of evolv DNA based squonkers in your price range

unregulated with safety features pico squeeze

mechanical you might get a second hand signature mods sq if you put an ad up, but might go over budget

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
what is your local store?

depending what you want

VW instant fire, no delay. For VW just works and does it right-dovpo topside

temperature control, there is a bunch of evolv DNA based squonkers in your price range

unregulated with safety features pico squeeze

mechanical you might get a second hand signature mods sq if you put an ad up, but might go over budget
there is no budget, but i have a pico now that i bought from The Steamery, but i have not tried it yet. things happened with putting my dog down.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
its so fucking hard. she took me with her. parenta,brother and sister killed in a car crash, me only survivor at 6yr old, had bella for 14yrs, i totally give up.
sorry freyla, those things are not relevant, ime just finished.

thank you

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
its so fucking hard. she took me with her. parenta,brother and sister killed in a car crash, me only survivor at 6yr old, had bella for 14yrs, i totally give up.
sorry freyla, those things are not relevant, ime just finished.

thank you

Attachments

• hugs2u.jpg
    hugs2u.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years