Become a Patron!

New to vaping

hi everyone, I am new to vaping and picked up my first vape today ( hells gate touch mod) and it is getting extremely hot, not just the atomizer, but everything. I burnt my lip earlier after just 5 puffs on 35 watts. Could I be doing something wrong? Or is it a problem with the unit itself? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that doesnt sound good at all, what batteries are you using?

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
and I would stop using that device until you find out what the problem is

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I already did, sucks I just blew like $120 on a mod that dosent even work properly. I hope they will take it back if it is indeed faulty . Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
What area are you in?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Okay, a hells gate touch mod, description of your batteries are LG HG2 20amp 3000mah, you are running at 35watts. Missing is what atomizer/tank attachment and what resistance of the attachment coil, this measured in Ohm's. Now if the tip of the attachment is getting to hot at 35watts you are not pulling enough airflow to help cool things down. The mod and attachment will get warm if you chain vape, thermal dynamics is a great category of physics, gets to warm set it aside.

The critical part you don't want getting hot are you batteries, as long as they do not get to a temperature you can not touch them, that is danger zone for them, open the case and touch them from time to time, if you can hold your fingers on them for more than 5 to 10 seconds, batteries are still good to go. If they are about 20 to 25 degrees F over room temp set the mod aside and let it cool down to room temp again. Remember some attachments are just naturally hot running units, examples the Aspire Cleito tank and Smok TFV8 naturally run hit if chain vaped. Might look into investing in a second mod/tank set to rotate so you are over cooking one all the time chain vaping.

Sitting on the couch

alba4a

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People in the shops dont have fucki..... idea about what are they doing. It is a nightmare!!!!! I am not going to a shop again. Never ever!!!!!. If you need helo just ask here and you will get the right answer.

Hey Yankee, did you ever get it worked out? If your vape is too hot you are using too much power for the tank/atomizer you have. IMFire asked and you didn't say which one. Each tank/atomizer combination has a certain range of power where it works best.

There's a lot to learn to get vaping right, like: Vape too hot - reduce power. Trial and error, ask questions, the people here are glad to help. SeeYa, Red

VU Sponsors