New Uncharted Poster Has Drake's Deception Vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Nathan Drake strikes a familiar pose in a new Uncharted poster, which is reminiscent of the washed-out orange/beige colour palette of videogame sequel, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

This new poster gives us another glimpse of Uncharted star Tom Holland as Nathan Drake – a young fortune hunter in search of the greatest reassure never found. Uncharted also brings back Victor “Sully” Sullivan (played by Mark Wahlberg), Drake’s friend and mentor who accompanies the young adventurer on his travels.

Check out the full Uncharted poster below:

Aside from featuring the dynamic duo near a washed-up shipwreck, there’s little else we can learn from this new Uncharted poster.

Except that Wahlberg still doesn’t have Sully’s iconic moustache. For shame.

Alongside Holland and Wahlberg, the Uncharted cast includes Sophia Ali as fellow treasure hunter and love interest Chloe Frazer, Tati Gabrielle as Braddock, and Antonio Banderas as the film’s unnamed villain and ruthless competitor.

Directed by Ruben Fleischer, Uncharted is based on the popular PlayStation video game franchise, as well as a script by Rafe Judkins, Art Marcum, and Matt Holloway. Uncharted takes place during Drake’s first ever treasure hinting adventure.

“In an action-adventure epic that spans the globe, [Drake and Sully] go in dangerous pursuit of ‘the greatest treasure never found’ while also tracking clues that may lead to Nathan’s long-lost brother,” reads a synopsis by Sony Pictures.

During a recent interview, Holland explained that filming Uncharted “broke” him.

“I never realized how lucky I am that Spider-Man wears a mask, because when he’s bouncing around and flying from buildings, that’s all CG. In Uncharted it’s just me in a henley and cargo pants,” he said. “That film absolutely broke me.”

A recent Uncharted trailer gave us a good look at Nate’s first big adventure, with young Drake meeting his new friend and mentor while working as a bartender. The trailer also included multiple references to the games, with fans eager to see more.

Uncharted will debut in theaters on February 18, 2022.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors