Become a Patron!

New unit to replace Smok AL85

Hey there, brand new member here - hope I posted this in the right place!

My two vapes - a Smok AL85 and RHA85 are both dying a long tortured death. I love them and would just buy the same thing, but the entire line looks like it's been discontinued. Let's say someone (me) loves loves loves the AL85 and can't get it - can anyone recommend a replacement that I would probably love almost as much if not more?

Thanks in advance!

durwoodx

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Swag 2 kit is what I'd suggest. The mod is packed with features. It's lightweight and still compact. The NRG PE tank is basically one of Vaporesso's versions of the Big Baby Beast.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome thanks! I have just a metric crapton of Aspire Cleito coils stockpiled already. Will that mod work with this unit perchance? I really know very little about this stuff.
There's a few tanks you could get.
  • The original Cleito of course. They can be found cheap at times in clearance sections for online stores.
  • The Cleito Exo is a top airflow tank. The middle section is plastic but that never bothered me. It's less prone to spitback and getting hot.
  • The Cleito Pro tank is the newest one. It has a more modern look. It's shorter and wider with a bubble glass. It looks nice but feels cheap IMO. Im not a fan of the fill method or mouth piece part.

You can get the Cleito Pro as part of the Puxos kit. The mod is plastic do very light weight. It takes a single 21700 or 20700/18650. I always use the best batteries in mine (21700). If you drop your vape often you probably wouldn't want a plastic mod. People break the doors on the Puxos. They sell extras at places though.

The Swag 2 kit would not work with Cleito coils, sorry.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Swag II mod fits 25mm dia atomizers w/o overhang. It has a 510 connection so as long as the tank has a 510 (most do), and the mod produces enough power, it will work because the Swag II will fire as low as .03Ω and as high as .5,,, but with the top battery cap I'd stop at 25mm and I'm OCD about overhang :xD:
The mod is sold separately but it might be worth buying kit. If you only have/going to have 1 tank ot 1 mod,
back up's are essential esp with deeming regulation on vaping.

Last edited:
Maaaaan I understood so very little of that last immensely helpful post :)

No seriously - I know there's good info there, but I apparently am ignorant not to speak the lingo.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Do you have a way to measure the diameter of your Cleito? If it is 25mm or less, the Swag 2 will work. You could also easily use a Geekvape Aegis Solo. Both of these mods are in stock at elementvapes.com.

My honest recommendation would be to upgrade to a dual battery mod and go with a Geekvape Aegis Max. Your Cleito would look great on it, and it's a very durable mod that looks nice too. You would have to buy two new batteries, though, and be sure to use the two new ones in a set together. They'd also need to be the same kind of battery, like two matching Samsung 25R 18650 batteries.

VU Sponsors