Become a Patron!

NEW VAPER

hi guys, new to vaping, been smoking methols for 10 plus years, just quit not to long ago and started back up.

Now looking into vaping now, just a beginner.

Can anyone tell me what to expect and not expect as a beginner in vaping?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, vaping in general has come a long way from cartridges. You may expect to not like cartridges after a time. Then, you may want to only use cartridges. You can expect a lot of choice.

There isn't a right way to vaping except not smoking. Smoked for thirty five years or more here. Started vaping in earnest, had some back slides to smoking. Found out I rather vape. :)

You might want to look into building your coils. There's plenty of videos on YouTube for that. There's also building threads on VU. Or you might stick with pre-made coils. It all depends on what you find suits for yourself.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Where are you located? If in the US you are going find getting gear and liquid increasingly harder since in April, I think is when it happens, USPS, FedEx, and UPS will no longer accept shipments with vape stuff in them. This is thanks to a provision in the latest stimulus program. Another problem is not being able to use PayPal on vape sites in China.

On the positive side, as you continue to vape you will find it easier to breath, you won't smell like an ashtray, and you will have an improvement in your sense of taste. All thanks to not polluting yourself with all the chemicals in cigarette smoke.

Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Where are you located? If in the US you are going find getting gear and liquid increasingly harder since in April, I think is when it happens, USPS, FedEx, and UPS will no longer accept shipments with vape stuff in them. This is thanks to a provision in the latest stimulus program. Another problem is not being able to use PayPal on vape sites in China.

On the positive side, as you continue to vape you will find it easier to breath, you won't smell like an ashtray, and you will have an improvement in your sense of taste. All thanks to not polluting yourself with all the chemicals in cigarette smoke.
Thanks for the info. Are there any alternatives for the shipping?

Well, vaping in general has come a long way from cartridges. You may expect to not like cartridges after a time. Then, you may want to only use cartridges. You can expect a lot of choice.

There isn't a right way to vaping except not smoking. Smoked for thirty five years or more here. Started vaping in earnest, had some back slides to smoking. Found out I rather vape. :)

You might want to look into building your coils. There's plenty of videos on YouTube for that. There's also building threads on VU. Or you might stick with pre-made coils. It all depends on what you find suits for yourself.
Ok will definitely check out, thanks

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome Dee-
I quit my 30+ year smoking addiction by vaping over 6 years ago- I made up my mind that I was quitting cigarettes, I gave myself 2 weeks to cut back on cigarettes, set a quit date December 1,2014 and that was it- no more buying cigarettes and no more smoking, I was only using vaping! Was it tough- yes, you need will power as well as vaping to succeed, well that is my experience. I started out with gas station cigalikes and ejuice , worked for me.

Joined the VU forum in 2016 to learn more about vaping and now use rebuildable RTAs,RDAs and RDTAs, RBAs-
There are some really great people here on the forum that are so very helpful- giving their opinions on gear and liquids and sales too!
Right now as it looks the future of being able to buy vape gear online is bleak- with all the major shippers refusing to ship vape gear in the US by April 2021- I am in NY and there has been a flavored eliquid ban here since July 2020- sux, but I was lucky to stock up on great sales to be able to keep vaping in the future.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks for the info. Are there any alternatives for the shipping?
Not that I know of- we will be cut off from buying vape gear online and getting it shipped to our homes.
Not even sure how well some vape shops will be stocked- or Indian reservations may carry vape gear,coils and liquids.
Best to get what you can now- stock up on what you can- learn DIY for liquids and coils. There are many threads at VU on these topics and everyone will try to help as best they can.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are you getting on with that RTA?? Looks nice. Also MTL's need very little cotton at all. I have all of mine resting on top rather than plugging the holes. Can't just stuff it in like with a sub ohm RDA haha.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look up the dam method. That works in most of my rebuildables:)

Know what you mean, it just read different and caught a chuckle. Would suggest also looking up Scottish roll method to wick RDTAs, RDAs. As said it often takes less cotton than you expect.

VU Sponsors