Become a Patron!

Newbie alert! Spit back from first time wicking

Aesthete18

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First time wicking on an aromamizer tank on an ijust2 mod. I got the jist of it from YouTube but my tank only has single coil. So I've somehow managed to cover the whole area with just one cotton. But something must be wrong, the juice taste weird and there's heavy spit back :(

I haven't gotten the wire to do or learn to coil. My friend did single coil and the shop replaced the same thing. So I'm stuck with this until I learn to coil. Can I get some advice? Should I re-cotton?

Aesthete18

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
e9lAoz8.jpg

703kf1D.jpg

yX10Wm0.jpg

foxtrot_uniform

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
first I would try a horizontal build coil. Since it is vertical the coil and wick are closer to your mouth.Better way to learn building coils is.......to build em :) Get some 5-10 meters of kanthal or snainless steel, and give it a shot.Watch videos , the're tons over youtube.gl

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you're having spit back issue. Aromamizer is my favourite tank at the moment. I'm putting in a dual vertical build, no spit back nor leaking. Start to learn how to coil now, it doesn't take much time ;)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You might have to use a tiny bit more cotton in the coil. If there's not enough, there could be air pockets between the wick and the coil, causing the spitting. Maybe, some more power/higher wattage.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do a dual coil and don't put so much cotton, just the bare minimum that is needed to conduct the juice to the coil from the bottom of the well and to prevent leaking.

I started with vertical on the aromamizer but figured out horizontal is better.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors