Become a Patron!

Newbie help with sub ohm vaping

Hi all. I've just bought an aspire zelos with Nautilus 2 tank. I have used very basic Vapes before with adjustable wattage and airflow and wanted to use this vape with 1.8 ohm coils to start with but I've been sent a pack of 0.7's!

My problem is that I'm currently backpacking in India so don't think I will be able to get the right ones now.

Main issue is that I have bought nic salts 50mg as well as a bottle of 6mg 'normal juice'. I was planning to top up the 6mg as that was the highest they did with the salts to get a bit of a higher nicotine content.

Now I had done some research before I left home but not into sub ohm vaping but from my limited understanding you need much lower nicotine concentrations?

I'm also upset that it seems sub ohm will go through my juice and battery!

Anyone know what I should do? Is it still ok to mix a bit of the 50mg salt into the 6mg with a 0.7?

Is there any settings I could use to reduce the use of juice and battery? Will it work at all on a lower wattage etc?

And help tips or advice would be much appreciated. Sorry for the essay!

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I mix salts and freebase nic all the time, get the best of both lol. Personally I’d do mostly the 6mg with a bit of salt, and work up if you need more nic. 20 watts IMO is a good starting point for .7, you’ll probably need to open the airflow a bit for the warmer vape.

Sometimes I vape straight 25mg salts on a .7, stout but I enjoy it and only a couple puffs needed when I’m busy.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I mix salts and freebase nic all the time, get the best of both lol. Personally I’d do mostly the 6mg with a bit of salt, and work up if you need more nic. 20 watts IMO is a good starting point for .7, you’ll probably need to open the airflow a bit for the warmer vape.

Sometimes I vape straight 25mg salts on a .7, stout but I enjoy it and only a couple puffs needed when I’m busy.
Thanks for that answer, I've been looking at small setups for work with higher nic so in my few breaks I can get my nic fix. I was nervous about higher nic and wasnt sure where to start because I'm always at high power, low ohms, low watts. Appreciate reading others experience

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You are still on the end of wattage with the .7Ω coil so juice consumption won't be outrageous, guessing a ml or two a day unless chain vaping. Higher nic mg may or may not slow down consumption, depends on the individual.

VU Sponsors