Become a Patron!

newbie old guy

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
Hi, new to vaping but not new by any means. Florida by way of Pittsburgh PA, a month and a half after smoking analogs for 4 plus decades -> no more ever! I used to (many moons ago) run a tobacco shop in the burgh on one of the busiest corners downtown, but the comradeship and interesting things about the smoking world are like the dark ages compared to vaping. In a very short time this has become a hobby for me and something that takes my mind off of a lot of issues going on now. It is also very relaxing! I'm pleased to have found this forum where I can learn and read interesting posts about the hobby. Liking it so far, and also have only met really nice folks in the community that are willing to share their knowledge.

Vaping on - :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Schnauzer avatar , Cool:):)
Hi there and welcome to VU!!! Glad you found us and vaping!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Always good to hear of someone that has kicked the smokes and enjoys vaping as much as we do.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

upstate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Always good to hear from older ex smokers who were able to make the switch. Vaping is fun hobby and healthier lifestyle that I enjoy. Wish it was around many decades ago. Welcome to the forum.

sev7777

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome fellow Pittsburgher. This is a great place with some great info & discounts. Enjoy!

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
Welcome fellow Pittsburgher. This is a great place with some great info & discounts. Enjoy!
Go Black n Gold ...gotta try to make a cool flavor called such! Maybe a tobacco type with Perique and a creamy vanilla hints...Delved into the DIY e-liquid realm and been getting great supplies from "Bulk Apothecary" and "Wizard Labs". Saving a lot of money and creating some flavor profiles that I enjoy. It is a lot of fun too!

sev7777

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go Black n Gold ...gotta try to make a cool flavor called such! Maybe a tobacco type with Perique and a creamy vanilla hints...Delved into the DIY e-liquid realm and been getting great supplies from "Bulk Apothecary" and "Wizard Labs". Saving a lot of money and creating some flavor profiles that I enjoy. It is a lot of fun too!
That sounds good. Thats one thing i would like to get into is the juice making

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you here!

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
That sounds good. Thats one thing i would like to get into is the juice making

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Coil making, DIY juice making - it is all so much fun ...recalling my days of collection brier pipes and stuff, it was no where as satisfying or or a hobby like vaping is either. Also, the tobacco always killed my taste buds and lungs and that is not even a factor with vaping.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been a pipe smoker/collector for over 35 years, and vaping is definitely a cheaper hobby!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah, especially if you have affinity for old Dunhill pipes :)
Don't own Dunhill yet. Still hoping to find a birth-year (1956) that I can afford, but not holding my breath.:(

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
You shaved his eyebrows......OMG:D
Not shaved (must be the angle) just trimmed by the groomer with a scissors. If I was going to show him he would need to have the thick hard coat with the soft undercoat raked out...being it is FL and way too hot, I do have him shaved down to his soft undercoat. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep raked out =Stripping, and the eyebrows need to be one draping down the middle of the nose, some leave a slight skirt fading down through the back of the outside of the legs.Not required
Once clipped down to undercoat, its hard to bring back the stiffer outter coat and takes quite some time to achieve,

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
Yes, I knew the term was stripping but have a lot going on here today (my dad is very ill) ...anyway, I never intended to show him although he is a great Standard with awesome bloodlines (save his ears which the breeder screwed up and I took the tampons out too soon anyway - they were driving him nuts as a puppy) - further I would never crop a Standard if it were my choice (no-longer a requirement for showing if I am correct?) and he is a family member; more at it is his house! _ insert smiley face

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We don't show ours either, but got brother and sister from a champion breeder, we used to show Bullmastiff's
And no cropping of ears and docking of the tails is not AKC show rules anymore as far as I know.

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
I hope no-one minds the canine discussion on the vape forum! Grew up with German Shepards (my aunt was an AKC judge) and chows ...but love Standards now. * they would look mighty funny with tails though

VU Sponsors