JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hype in my book - two reasons.

It talks about glucans - a molecule which are sometimes found in fungi - without mentioning that glucans are also added to medicines for many maladies from high cholesterol to cancer and HIV treatments

Second, at the bottom of the article they use USA statistics to bolster the argument vaping may have hidden health hazards citing studies and statistics that have been debunked repeatedly

And I am still on my first cup of coffee and barely awake :coffee2:

Hype in my book - two reasons.

It talks about glucans - a molecule which are sometimes found in fungi - without mentioning that glucans are also added to medicines for many maladies from high cholesterol to cancer and HIV treatments

Second, at the bottom of the article they use USA statistics to bolster the argument vaping may have hidden health hazards citing studies and statistics that have been debunked repeatedly

And I am still on my first cup of coffee and barely awake :coffee2:

Yeh I did notice that, part of my thinking was they were using American studies that because of their views on vaping now are very biased with it being banned in certain states now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the USA profit is more important than the well being of the citizens.
Just an observation...

And virtually all of our media is more focused on sensationalism than truth.

In the USA profit is more important than the well being of the citizens.
Just an observation...

And virtually all of our media is more focused on sensationalism than truth.

Yeh I agree with that bro but if they wer more into profits wouldn't they promote it instead of trying to slate it?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeh I agree with that bro but if they wer more into profits wouldn't they promote it instead of trying to slate it?

These groups promoting bad science make big money off of smokers, the profits diminish if smokers become vapers, unless vaping is demonized and treated as bad or worse than smoking

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These groups promoting bad science make big money off of smokers, the profits diminish if smokers become vapers, unless vaping is demonized and treated as bad or worse than smoking
And the medical industry makes big money from illnesses caused by smoking.
More sick people = more profits.
Just the portable oxygen concentrator market alone mostly exists off of the ills of smoking.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would any for profit industry actually want to reduce the number of their customers?
Must keep increasing the profit not reducing it.

Same with Pharma, sure they want to make profit from their nic replacement products.
However they make BIG money from drugs/chemo to treat the results of smoking.

Why would any for profit industry actually want to reduce the number of their customers?
Must keep increasing the profit not reducing it.

Same with Pharma, sure they want to make profit from their nic replacement products.
However they make BIG money from drugs/chemo to treat the results of smoking.

Great answer mate, so this info is absolute rubbish then? Just made by people that don't want vaping to be successful for their own greedy reasons?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great answer mate, so this info is absolute rubbish then? Just made by people that don't want vaping to be successful for their own greedy reasons?

Well that and playing to the fears of the uneducated about the real minimal risks of vaping. Especially when compared to smoking risks.
Then there are always those who think I do not do it and do not approve so you should not be allowed to do it.
That is the political aspect of anti vaping.
Well that and dollars flowing into politicians pockets from those who stand to lose money if vaping were encouraged as a much safer alternative to smoking and a smoking cessation tool.
That is why neither party and only a bare handful of politicians support vaping.

Actually imnsho taxing vaping products may be in the long run the only thing that keeps it going in the USA.
Governments will not want to cut off tax income.
Replace declining cig tax income with vape tax income....

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No because Big Pharma revenue streams involve trillions of dollars from treating the various illnesses that result from normal cigarette smoking. Corruption runs deep among the tobacco control lobbyists, the self defined health organizations and fake science based research agencies, and all the yellow journalism being used to cover up the trail of blood money that politics traditionally leaves behind.

VU Sponsors