Become a Patron!

Nick Offerman Hasn't Played The Last of Us Because He Quit Gaming After Banjo-Kazooie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Nick Offerman has admitted he's never played The Last of Us because he quit gaming after getting too obsessed with Banjo-Kazooie.

Speaking on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Offerman said that, despite being the star of the show's third episode, he's not played through the original game for fear of enjoying it too much.

"25 years ago I played my last video game, and I'm very indulgent," he said. "I lost a couple of weeks to a video game called Banjo-Kazooie. Two weeks went by and I was like, 'oh my god the slow dopamine drip is so delicious'. Then it's over and you're like 'yes I won'. And immediately I'm like 'what have I done with my life'."

Offerman continued: "So I decided that I'm never going to do that again, and thankfully because games have gotten so good, like The Last of Us, that I think I'd be in a basement and I wouldn't even be going to audition for shows like this."

The Parks and Recreation actor was praised for his portrayal of Bill in Episode 3 of The Last of Us, which has so far been touted as the series' best entry.

In IGN's 10/10 review, we said: "A masterfully told love story set in a world designed to leave them unwritten, Episode 3 of HBO’s The Last of Us is a sensational hour of television."

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer and acting UK news editor. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors