VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A rep named Johnny Blaze... really? REALLY!?

that was about where i stopped reading :)

good write up though!

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Yeah...that's actually in his email address @ Halo, and forum username over @ ECF. They posted the same statement they sent to me over there in the forum supplier's section.

This thing is blowing up in their face, big time. Public perception is key in a matter like this. I'm not sure how they can play the "we don't want to sue anybody" card, and then sue everybody. Then play innocent as if Evolve are the bad guys for going public with it instead of reaching out to them first.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...that's actually in his email address @ Halo, and forum username over @ ECF. They posted the same statement they sent to me over there in the forum supplier's section.

This thing is blowing up in their face, big time. Public perception is key in a matter like this. I'm not sure how they can play the "we don't want to sue anybody" card, and then sue everybody. Then play innocent as if Evolve are the bad guys for going public with it instead of reaching out to them first.

Right! They are going to totally regret this decision.. personally I was never a fan of Halo juice.. I always thought it was very overrated and didn't taste that great so it doesn't effect me too much but it does send a bad vibe out either way to the community - it will be interesting to see how this plays out.. even if they drop the suit they will still get shit on for it - so they have no choice but to continue and deal with the consequences...

I've used the Carmel Coconut from Evo and it's really very good but personally their juice is a mid grade juice in my eyes so give it up guys you're all good but not amazing

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Update:

First and foremost the Atomized Labs Team would like to say “Thank You” to V4P3R, ECR Reddit, Vaping Underground, E-Cigarette Forum and the entire E-Cig community for supporting us. We are overwhelmed with the amount of support that the communities have given us and rest assure that we will give back more than we were given. We are currently in the process of re-branding and reformulating and expect to release new branded product with in the next few weeks.

We had planned to release a public statement in regards to the pending lawsuit today; however we were advised by our legal counsel not do so at this time. More information on the pending case should be made available to you within the next several weeks.

Thanks again,

K. Edwards
Atomized Labs, LLC

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They really are idiots.

They didn't even bother trying to discuss things or even bother sending a cease and desist letter, yet they say they wish they that Evolve contacted them to try and find a resolution before going to the press. How hypocritical can they be?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vapers preying on vapers.

Not a good thing.

That being said, watch out for Karma.

She can be a stone cold bitch and will see that you get what you deserve!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapers preying on vapers.

Not a good thing.

That being said, watch out for Karma.

She can be a stone cold bitch and will see that you get what you deserve!
I have a story at Vaporacle Publishing that's the number one google ranked story if anyone searches about Evolve being sued. It's already been bombed by page hits. If we all get the truth out there Nicopure will be exposed for its shady practices.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I have a story at Vaporacle Publishing that's the number one google ranked story if anyone searches about Evolve being sued. It's already been bombed by page hits.

Might want to sign out of Google and do that search again. :rolleyes:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Might want to sign out of Google and do that search again. :rolleyes:
Hey no need to be like that skippy. We're all just trying to get the word out about what Nicopure is doing, right?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK any shop who carries Trident group, halo or starbuzz needs to return the product to them.
In no shape or form should this bullshit be allowed to continue.
I honestly hope trident and the little bastard off shoots goes the fuck out of business.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
It's funny you mention that. I've talked to several people, read a lot of comments, and hell...even Dimitri was talking about it on his show last night:

Who the hell actually uses Halo products or vapes Evo anyway? If they are some mega-corporation who has "invested millions in their brand" (their words, not mine) where is the money coming from if no one is buying their stuff? Granted, the online vaping scene is just a tiny percent of actual vapers, but most people seem to have never even heard of these guys before.

All these calls for boycotts aren't going to do any good when no one uses them anyway LOL.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd expect that kind of response from such a newbie. I have three bottles of Halo and a bottle of eVo Maraschino Tobacco, love them all except the eVo, just not my thing, tastes like baby powder. But a LOT of people use Halo, a freakin lot. How do you think they got the millions that they spend trademarking, out of their back pocket? This is truly a case of the big guy picking on the little guy.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny, the article says the parent company is Trident Group, LLC.

But, doing a google search for them, I find tons of companies NOT relating to vaping, even remotely.
Property management (in several states), Business Consulting (in several countries), Maritime security and training, freight management and tracking.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny, the article says the parent company is Trident Group, LLC.

But, doing a google search for them, I find tons of companies NOT relating to vaping, even remotely.
Property management (in several states), Business Consulting (in several countries), Maritime security and training, freight management and tracking.
Wow, now that's what I call doing some research. Thanks for this info, Zaroba!!!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's funny you mention that. I've talked to several people, read a lot of comments, and hell...even Dimitri was talking about it on his show last night:

Who the hell actually uses Halo products or vapes Evo anyway? If they are some mega-corporation who has "invested millions in their brand" (their words, not mine) where is the money coming from if no one is buying their stuff? Granted, the online vaping scene is just a tiny percent of actual vapers, but most people seem to have never even heard of these guys before.

All these calls for boycotts aren't going to do any good when no one uses them anyway LOL.

If nobody was buying their stuff they wouldn't be in business.
So obviously people are (or have been) buying it. lol

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you put aside the Big Tobacco brands such as Blu or NJoy, I would say the whole Trident / NicoPure / Halo company is one of the top ecig companies there are. A handful of people saying they are going to "boycott" them isn't going to make a dent, and that's the sad thing. They'll get away with this. Taking a few reports of "boycotting" seriously as if it's really a threat against the Coca-Cola of ejuice is really naive if you ask me.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, now that's what I call doing some research. Thanks for this info, Zaroba!!!

I was just curious to find out what other vape related companies might be owned by them.
There is no sense in people boycotting one subsidiary if they are unknowingly supporting another subsidiary.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Theres a whole business dedicated to buying Patents and Trademarks then suing the shit out of everyone they even think they can get to fold and give them money to 'settle'... These two have just done that.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just curious to find out what other vape related companies might be owned by them.
There is no sense in people boycotting one subsidiary if they are unknowingly supporting another subsidiary.
I had no idea they were so huge. Are you sure all those Trident companies are the same company?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Theres a whole business dedicated to buying Patents and Trademarks then suing the shit out of everyone they even think they can get to fold and give them money to 'settle'... These two have just done that.
Disgusting.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Do some digging on the lawyer representing these guys and you'll find some interesting connections.

Last edited:

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can see if someone was cloning one of their flavors such as Voodoo. Voodoo is a very complex flavor, a true masterpiece in juice making if you ask me. Halo's Freedom Juice is also one of the only juices that for me even comes close to tasting like real tobacco. But just getting nitpicky because Evolve sort of sounds like eVo is just petty.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had no idea they were so huge. Are you sure all those Trident companies are the same company?
I dont think they are the same.. One is from the Ukraine ;)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can see if someone was cloning one of their flavors such as Voodoo. Voodoo is a very complex flavor, a true masterpiece in juice making if you ask me. Halo's Freedom Juice is also one of the only juices that for me even comes close to tasting like real tobacco. But just getting nitpicky because Evolve sort of sounds like eVo is just petty.
Ya, thats the part I dont understand? If that IS the reason why, it would not have even made pass the first hearing... Why Evolve caved in that case, I dont know.. ?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, thats the part I dont understand? If that IS the reason why, it would not have even made pass the first hearing... Why Evolve caved in that case, I dont know.. ?
I don't know either, makes me think there was something else going on. Since they took their entire site down you can't go in there now to see if they were selling juice names that were similar to eVo or whatever. I've never tried Evolve so I can't say for sure.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Disgusting.

Believe it or not 'Patent tolling' has grown to be multibillion dollar a year business, if you can really call it a business.
Something like 2/3rds of patent related lawsuits are being filed by patent trolls who just make broad spectum patents on things to snare anybody that uses something that could possibly fall under it's category.

Like the trolls who tried to sue Minecraft because they patented 'preventing unauthorized access to electronic data' which applies to any website or online service that deals with user accounts. They saw minecraft got real big, so they went in to try their luck.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not 'Patent tolling' has grown to be multibillion dollar a year business, if you can really call it a business.
Something like 2/3rds of patent related lawsuits are being filed by patent trolls who just make broad spectum patents on things to snare anybody that uses something that could possibly fall under it's category.

Like the trolls who tried to sue Minecraft because they patented 'authentication over an internet connection' (or something like that) which applies to any website or online service that requires logging in. they saw minecraft got real big, so they went in to try their luck.
Unbelievable. Reminds me of the domain name squatter who constantly try to sell me domains similar to the ones I own.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Fairly certain they are not the same. Can often find numerous businesses with the same name pretty easily, especially when it comes to B&M stores.
I didn't look too hard, but didn't see anything vaping related or that would look like it owned subsidiaries.
So, who are these Trident Group LLC people that own evo and Halo?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fairly certain they are not the same. Can often find numerous businesses with the same name pretty easily, especially when it comes to B&M stores.
I didn't look too hard, but didn't see anything vaping related or that would look like it owned subsidiaries.
So, who are these Trident Group LLC people that own evo and Halo?
I may be confused. I know TRITON is the name of Halo's e-cig hardware line, not sure what Trident is.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I think there's some confusion over who Trident Group, LLC actually is. There are a couple of different companies with that name. The one that is relevant here is based in NJ.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think there's some confusion over who Trident Group, LLC actually is. There are a couple of different companies with that name. The one that is relevant here is based in NJ.
So that that mean the other guys can sue them for using thier names? :D

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny the address is a house ;)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So that that mean the other guys can sue them for using thier names? :D
Maybe they are connected. Very rare that big corporations would use identical names, but not that rare that corporations would branch out and sell different things.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
And here is the document where Trident Group, LLC merged with Nicopure Labs, LLC...and transferred all trademarked names in the process.

For reasons currently unknown, it seems as though the company moved from FL to NJ and changed its name.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing surprising about that. Companies merge and move locations and change names in the process all the time. Just look at the Iranian Oil Company that became Amoco that became British Petroleum that is now just called BP

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And here is the document where Trident Group, LLC merged with Nicopure Labs, LLC...and transferred all trademarked names in the process.

For reasons currently unknown, it seems as though the company moved from FL to NJ and changed its name.
And thats where the trolling came from.. happens al lthe time. One company buys the rights to anothers patents and trademarks, then trolls the fuck out of the little guys.. It works for about 2 years until someone stands up to them, then they silently slink away looking for another set of patents/trademarks and start over..

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why? What does their "lawyer" have to do with anything? They are paying their lawyer to do a job for them (so obviously would want to work with someone close to them) and most likely they aren't their lawyer's only client. Sounds like you're really stretching here.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why? What does their "lawyer" have to do with anything? They are paying their lawyer to do a job for them (so obviously would want to work with someone close to them) and most likely they aren't their lawyer's only client. Sounds like you're really stretching here.
Ya.. this bit about the lawyer living close is pushing.

It could also be that the lawyer is part of the LLC, but thats not really surprising either.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They didn't move and change name.
Trident (in NJ) combined with Nicopure (in FL and NJ)
The resulting company just stayed in NJ and kept the name Trident

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
They didn't move and change name.
Trident (in NJ) combined with Nicopure (in FL and NJ)
The resulting company just stayed in NJ and kept the name Trident
They moved. Unless the owner of the business has a twin with the exact same name in two different states. There is another company, Evolution Properties II, LLC that has the exact same address in NJ and the same owner.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Update from Atomized Labs:

We would like to apologize for the abrupt nature in which we reacted to the trademark infringement lawsuit that was filed against us. Since this was the first we had heard of this issue and due to the severity of the claims, we had a knee-jerk reaction to remove our online store and other advertising materials from the marketplace until we could consult with legal counsel.

Now that we’ve had a chance to weigh the options, we have taken steps to communicate with NicoPure Labs. We hope to resolve this issue with grace; even though we strongly feel that our brands do not meet the criteria for likelihood of confusion in the marketplace. No matter what the outcome; we can guarantee that there was never any intent to capitalize on the property of others.

We truly appreciate all of your input and thank you all for your support of our cause!

VU Sponsors