Become a Patron!

NICOTINE IS NOT ADDICTIVE, NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOUND

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol ask me that if I don't vape for 2 hours. I have weened down to 3mg. I tried 0 mg and it wasn't a very good feeling. Yes I'm a nicaholic.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this is true what are smokers actually addicted to??? oral gratification?? if so then why do some gay men smoke....

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If this is true what are smokers actually addicted to??? oral gratification?? if so then why do some gay men smoke....
Cigs contain highly addictive MAO Inhibitors which alter your brain chemistry and open it up to developing addiction to things you wouldn't normally become addicted to.

Numerous studies have shown that nicotine *by itself* is hardly, if at all, addictive. Long term studies have been done with non-smokers using nicotine gum and patches daily and nobody developed an addiction to nicotine as a result of using these nicotine products. Studies done on rats found that they would go after nicotine if it was combined with MAOIs, but rats receiving no MAOIs had a desire to get nicotine. When all (or at least most) of us switched from cigs to vaping, we *did* go through withdrawal. If it was nicotine we were addicted to, why did we go through withdrawal despite getting nicotine? The withdrawal is from not getting the MAOIs that we had become addicted to.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have managed to get down to 2.5mg, I have tried 0mg and I find I need some nic in my juice I wonder what 1.5mg will be like.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cigs contain highly addictive MAO Inhibitors which alter your brain chemistry and open it up to developing addiction to things you wouldn't normally become addicted to.

Numerous studies have shown that nicotine *by itself* is hardly, if at all, addictive. Long term studies have been done with non-smokers using nicotine gum and patches daily and nobody developed an addiction to nicotine as a result of using these nicotine products. Studies done on rats found that they would go after nicotine if it was combined with MAOIs, but rats receiving no MAOIs had a desire to get nicotine. When all (or at least most) of us switched from cigs to vaping, we *did* go through withdrawal. If it was nicotine we were addicted to, why did we go through withdrawal despite getting nicotine? The withdrawal is from not getting the MAOIs that we had become addicted to.
I agree...so then how do you fight the addictions to MAOIs

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I honestly have not noticed too much difference at 2.5mg if that helps any

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Honestly, I know about the MAOI's, but there wasn't much of a "withdrawal" switching to vaping.

I go bat shit crazy without my nicotine. Then again too, I've been using nicotine in different forms, since I was 13 too. I need the nic to make the brain receptors work right.

Studies have shown in the past, that people using nicotine before the age of 18, become hardwired to need it for brain function.

VU Sponsors