Member For 3 Years
Hi,
does anyone have the Nitecore NFF01 Magnetic mixer;

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you help me?Ιn how much time to put it, in how many turns and at what temperature for a liquid at 60ml?
It depends. Higher VG needs a higher temperature to break the viscosity of the juice. You should be able to get a visible idea of how vigorously the juice gets twirled inside the mixing bottle. With plastic bottles I don't recommend setting the rotation speed too high, as the magnet that goes inside the bottle can cause too much friction on the bottle's plastic material surface so it slowly might degrade and release microscopic contaminant particles (microplastics, plasticizers, etc.) into the liquid. Preferrably use a glass "Erlenmeyer" flask for best results. An hour of firmly stirring is about the equivalent of using a yoghurt maker for 8 hours (or a couple of weeks of normal steeping in a closed bottle─i.e. shaking it daily and opening/closing it to let fresh air in─though this may vary quite a lot depending on the ingredients used, and, there exists no linear relationship that defines how many hours of stirring will translate to how many weeks of normal steeping).

Usually, additionally letting it steep the normal way for an extra week or two after using the magnetic stirrer for several hours is the way to go if you want to aim for close perfection. However, fruit flavors generally require much less steeping compared to bakery stuff, vanillas, creams, chocolate or tobacco flavorings, for example. Whereas some flavorings (e.g., strawberry) can start to easily fade if they are steeped too long so then a classical-old "trick" to try if necessary would be to add these flavorings only after the other ingredients of the same recipe have already been steeped for some period of time─that you can choose by learning from personal experience─and then continue steeping for another while after that. (Either that or just stick to using the type of recipes the ingredients of which all have about equal steeping durations.) The same principle also applies to adding nicotine. Only add the nicotine after the whole steeping process is almost finished, if you want to avoid the nicotine oxidising as a result from it coming in contact with too much air while it is stirred.

chkontog

Member For 3 Years
I am using a baker.Can i use a food preservation membrane to cover the liquid?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am using a baker.Can i use a food preservation membrane to cover the liquid?

As long as the liquid doesn't come in contact with the membrane, I guess it would be OK to use for that. But for normal steeping and/or storing DIY juices I use these PET bottles:

flacon-vide100ml-gradue.jpg

Last edited:

chkontog

Member For 3 Years
I put a 60ml ecig vanilla flavor, with 0 mg/ml nicotine and with 9% dilution, 8 hours, 600rpm and 0 degrees Celsius.Is it good to start with it?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I put a 60ml ecig vanilla flavor, with 0 mg/ml nicotine and with 9% dilution, 8 hours, 600rpm and 0 degrees Celsius.Is it good to start with it?
If it's low VG (high PG) then probably yes. But maybe next time you can pause it after some hours to have a quick taste and find out for sure.

VU Sponsors