Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.theintell.com/news/local...cle_fa9cd8a3-9933-5744-b589-fbdcbc80435f.html

Lets do a little math shall we?

United States of America/Population (1964)

191.9 million (1964)

---------------------------------------------------------------

United States of America/Population (2015)

320.0 million (2015)

----------------------------------------------------------------

"The percentage of Americans who smoke dropped from 42% in 1964 (the peak year for smoking) to 22% today (2015)"
Via: The Harvard School of Health

42% of 191.9 million = 80,598,000 million

22% of 320,0 million = 70,400,000 million

In 2015 3 million of the ten million vapers had quit smoking entirely

-
------------------------

7.2 million is the amount of smokers who no longer smoke today from Tobacco Control's multi BILLION (Possibly TRILLION) dollar anti-smoking campaign. (or the could have just quit cold turkey with no help at all from "Public Health")

Just think, if they didn't lie about vaping and smokeless tobacco they would probably have helped ZERO smokers quit in the net population of smokers over the last FIFTY YEARS!!!

In other words Tobacco Control has been nearly as big a failure as the failed war on drugs.

Don't expect them to change any time soon considering their six and seven figure salaries along with the seven and eight figure grants they are pulling in on a regular basis. - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure I agree entirely with the some of the premises underlying your math, but the point is entirely valid. "Tobacco Control" has done virtually nothing to help people quit smoking. People who quit smoking (or didn't start to begin with) did so primarily due to health concerns, and "Tobacco Control" has indeed made quitting combustibles more difficult by vilifying smoke-free alternative products such as dip, snus, and now our vapes.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm not sure I agree entirely with the some of the premises underlying your math, but the point is entirely valid. "Tobacco Control" has done virtually nothing to help people quit smoking. People who quit smoking (or didn't start to begin with) did so primarily due to health concerns, and "Tobacco Control" has indeed made quitting combustibles more difficult by vilifying smoke-free alternative products such as dip, snus, and now our vapes.

I actually really believe that Tobacco Control started with our best interests at heart.
They informed us that smoking is bad and we shouldn't start and if we already do smoke we should quit.

Then around 1980 they started lying about smokeless and treating the publics health more like a money making scheme and it was all down hill from there.

If they are defunded and vanish from the face of the earth tomorrow I don't think the smoking rate would ever go back up so there is no need for them at all anymore.

They are the equivalent of the phone booth or the typewriter = outdated.

VU Sponsors