Become a Patron!

No coil detected

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My Aegis solo took a shit on me today. It keeps saying no coil detected and I checked the coil and it was loose so I tightened it. Then I put it back together and tried again and got the same thing.

How do I fix this?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only time I’ve ever had issues with no coil (atomizer) detected is when the 510 had a few issues.

First being depressed further than the designed travel allows.

Next, the atomizer has a shallow 510...where it barely protrudes past the negative threads... this can be fixed with a simple oring between the 510 screw and the insulator and tighten... it will move the pin out just a tad.

Next is juice in the 510... I’m guilty of this with my VT133 used it for a long time as a ohm meter for bottom fed RDAs... I had to take it apart and clean with isopropyl alcohol

Seldom is the case where a coil is bad, either wrapping your own or utilizing drop in, but not improbable.

Last is worst case... it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea it may just be the contact pin in the mod stuck down further than needed

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try another tank from one of your other mods.If it works you know your mod is good at least.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My Aegis solo took a shit on me today. It keeps saying no coil detected and I checked the coil and it was loose so I tightened it. Then I put it back together and tried again and got the same thing.

How do I fix this?

How much are you tightening the tank down? I have an eVic VTwo that suddenly got weird about how far down I turned the tank, and the connection will just go away if I tighten it too much. I think something is not making good connection inside the mod.

Go slow as you tighten the tank, like really slow, and see if there is any point in its travel that the mod detects it. If so, just leave it there, if it can stay there without being all wiggly. Otherwise, try turning it very slowly past that point and see if the connection holds.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And here's the thing. I see people all the time talking about how stray juice is causing a "short." A short circuit would be caused by a conductor making a connection somewhere that disrupts the designed path of the flow of current. Ejuice is a terrible conductor. I don't see how it could cause an actual short circuit.

What it can cause is a bad connection. Meaning just the opposite of a short. A disruption in the circuit caused not by an extra unintended connection, but by preventing the flow of current by breaking it's path somewhere. That's what happened here. And a hundred times a day to others too.

Don't ask me how I got on all that, but I now return you to your regularly scheduled quarantine.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors